I want to get married...Can I talk to my boyfriend about it?

Hi Guys,

Im 25 years old and I'm looking to settle down. My boyfriend is 27 and we have been dating for 2 yrs. We have never talked about "us" getting married but I do talk about marriage...He always says oh babe when you have my baby or sometimes he will lay his head on my stomach and will say I just wanna make sure my baby is being taken care of...I laugh and say if I'm ever pregnant ill take care of it babe don't worry. lol we don't have kids...thats as close as we have ever talked about babies and marriage. I want to ge tmarried and settle down with him but how can I do so with out freaking him out. He has been previously married. when he was 21 he divorced at 23 and hasn't been in a serous relationship since then until me. He did date a lot but now he's all mine...guys any ideas as to how I can start bringing this up?

Most Helpful Guy

• no idea, he might not want to get married again, I know a lot of guys who have been in his situation who will not get married again

What Guys Said 1

• No one can blame you for wanting to talk about getting married after two years. It's highly unlikely that you'll freak him out by talking about the subject. Most guys work best with the direct approach; try something like, "What do you think about the idea of us getting married?" And go from there.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you just have to talk with him about it and forget about "how" to bring it up, because the truth is, if he is going to get freaked out by the idea of marrying you, he is going to get freaked out by the idea of marrying you. you can't avoid it. you know? its not like you want to ask him out on a date, it's MARRIAGE - so you can't avoid not talking about it thoroughly and for a while - unless you do a surprise proposal lol.