Kim Kardashian's divorce. Have you been through divorce?

Have you been through divorce? Whether it be yourself, a close friend, parents, siblings, etc.? What is one thing that you can say to someone going through a divorce to help them feel better about the whole situation? I have a friend who is divorcing, and she is just beside herself (although I really feel this will be better for her in the long run).

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been divorced. It happens to the best of us regardless how much effort you put into trying to make it last. People change, things change, people out grow one another. You can't blame yourself because it takes effort from both parties. Recognize how you may have contributed to the downfall of your marriage (no one is perfect and it takes two). Don't focus on what others have to say and how their marriages managed to last because we all have different tolerance levels. You should be fine.

What Guys Said 3

• When divorce happens usually it's a good thing. It's an end to something that was wrong and never should have happened in the first place.

• So I found a picture of that Star Trek icon.

link

Not all that impressive.

I really do prefer the Klingons over the Kardashians any day.

• I divorced and though I still respect her, she had made me so unhappy. I was so tired of carrying her misery and negativity over my shoulders. I'm breathing again and I'm happy every morning like I used to. I'm so excited about my future too. She on the other hand tells me how she misses me etc... Of course she does I was the positive energy she fed from! Divorce is not ideal, but it was the best decision for me.

What Girls Said 2

• Well 1of my girl friends from high school got divorced and I said: "Congratelations we should party" She was happy that she got rid of that worthless animal.

• My best friend got divorced a few months ago. We went out to celebrate the good news!

He was a controlling, manipulative, possessive, selfish and materiastic pig. She has been in denial for five years hoping that things could ever change. I'm glad she saw the light at last.

She's very happy now <3