Girls: how do you want to be proposed to? Somewhat surprised or part of the process?

im talking about when you know you love one another. would you like to pick out the ring and just wait for him to give it to you? or would you want to know he might want to propose and let him surprise you with a ring and the question. I'm a romantic and would like to be somewhat surprised :) but most of my friends getting engaged are picking their rings and not really having a moment of "engagement". its more of they talk about getting married and then just get the ring and start planning the wedding.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think surprise is part of the process, even if she had a hint on when, as long as there's an element of surprise it creates the memory and starts the storey and hopefully the journey goes on and on,x

What Guys Said 2

• If I was gonna propose to a girl I'd keep a little bit of secrecy involved, I'd sorta drop hints but I wouldn't give it away. I love being romantic so I'd probably organise some kind of surprise... but whatever that is, I don't know now lol

• I'm gonna guess those are- 36D's.

• im gonna guess you're a 40 year old creep with a wife and kids

• damn. 16 year old sophmore? you're either stupid or you have a late birthday...im going with...STUPID! gtfo my question you annonymous troll.

• Um I was born in 1995

What Girls Said 6

• I want to be surprised. I don't want it to be talked about...

I just want him to randomly kneel down one day and propose.

I also want him to pick the ring. It means much more that way...

• thats what I like

• I don't know why..lol maybe it is because of the movies I was raised on haha...OR maybe because it is the traditional way? I like traditional

• I'm a bit of a romantic but I honestly wouldn't care either way. However, my boyfriend is traditional and even more of a romantic than me (though he hides it better most of the time) so I'm pretty sure that if he were going to ask, I'd have no clue. Knowing him as well as I do, he'd probably do it at the most inopportune time - as part of opening Christmas presents with both of our families there or something. I can see him doing that, but I'd be just as okay with him casually mentioning "Hey, do you want to get married? If so, let's go pick out rings." lol

• I would love to be surprised...somewhere unique...a natural wonder...on top of a mountain something like that. I also don't want a diamond out of personal reasons so it has to be a surprising moment :)

• I'm kind of hating every kind of surprises now...

• I want it to be a suprise and I want him to pick the ring out. I can't wait to find the one...

• I'd rather have that big surprise moment. Like maybe he can mention something about styles of rings to get an idea of what I like and to hint of what's coming. But I don't want to actually go and pick out my ring before getting engaged. I'd rather leave that to him and let myself savor the butterflies that will come with the big proposal moment :)