"Every daughter marries her father" Do you believe in this phrase?

"Every daughter marries her father" Do you believe in this phrase?

• Yes
    10% (2)15% (2)12% (4)Vote
  • No
    57% (12)38% (5)50% (17)Vote
  • Maybe/Not sure/Some of the time
    24% (5)38% (5)29% (10)Vote
  • See Results
    9% (2)9% (1)9% (3)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
This is yet another post that I put up for a friend. I think there is some merit in this debate...but..it certainly doesn't hold true all the time...I was always close with my mother...however...when it came time for gf/mate/spouse..I looked in the opposite direction..yet I firmly believe that some males seek for their mother and some females seek fror their father...ANY STEPPENWOLF FANS HERE? Have a GREAT Weekend! link

0|0
10|7

Most Helpful Girl

• LOL. I found that interesting when I thought about it. My birth father was not there for me and my adopted father died when I was young. I love men and yet at times I don't want a relationship. I take care of myself and my daughter. Maybe, since I loved my father but he was not around for long there is a subconcience connection or a simple lack of male influence in my life. Although, the physical traits of my "fathers" do not appeal to me for a relationship, so if there is/was a connection I think it would be the mentality. That said: In psychology they encourage you not to lay "blame" to anyone for anything, but I think that everything in life takes its place in forming future relations, judgement calls, reactions, and so forth. In that way, everything has a connection.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• yes and no.. Just like every son marries his mother. We look for traits we are familiar with. There is no sexual connotation here. Say if my father was a real gentleman then I subconsciously fine that trait attractive.

1|1
    0|0
  • I hope not.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because I never would marry my father, incest duh! nasty xP

0|0
    0|0
  • No way!

0|0
    0|0
  • No and I hope it never happens because my father wasn't a great person to my mother.

0|0
    0|0
  • No,i never thought of having or wanted a guy like my father,nothing is wrong with my father but I never thought of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • A dead-beat alcoholic? F***no! I'm not marrying anyone like my father.

0|0
    0|0
  • god know. I'd kill myself if I ended up with someone like my dad

0|0
    0|0
  • To a certain degree, yes. I married a version of my father. I also divorced a version of my father and haven't dated anyone like that since. I love my dad. He was a great role model in many ways for me as a kid and young woman. Then I realized who he really was as a man through my mother's eyes and my own eyes when I became a married woman. It wasn't pretty.

Dad, and my husband and I are divorced now, but remain good friends. They have both remarried. My ex-husband married a woman like his mother. My father married a woman who acts like a mother to him. If I didn't look so much like my father, mother and brother, I would wonder if I was adopted.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Nope... if the daughter and father really do have a close relationship the daughter MAY look for a husband that resembles him in a few ways but he'll never be completely like him

1|0
    0|0
  • Not nesecarily but I seem to have somehow married my mum! There is no way my wife has married her dad though - I could be no more different from my father-in-law.

0|0
    0|0
  • I doubt it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No ( honestly I don't even know what I am answering lol )

0|0
    0|0
  • As much as I'm impartial to it, The phrase has links to a psychoanalytic theory called the "Electra Complex". You should read all of it with an open mind, because it does make a whole lot of sense

0|0
    0|0
  • No

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and every guy marries his mother

1|0
    0|0