Would You Marry A Guy To Please Your Parents?

To make this a hard question, he has good finance, he's good looking- your type. He's sweet, charming, caring. He would take good care of you and treat you right. But you don't know if you love him, or if you could. It's not impossible, you might come to fall in love with him once you get to know him, but there is a chance you won't.

You've also just met him, it's sort of like an arranged marriage. It has to be now, or never.

Your parents want you to marry him, and once you marry him, there is no option of divorce. You're with him until death do you part.

Do you think you could do it? In a way, it would be like marrying your best friend, and it would make your parents so happy.

Would you do it?

• I would do it.
  • I couldn't do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was going out with a great guy. He's was funny, sweet and cares so much for me. But there was something missing there always was but I still cared for him. Now I am dating a man who is on probation and I never cared about his past. All I care about is now and the future and that so important. My mom hates him but he's the only guy who can make me laugh when and can't stop crying. He's always been the guy who has been there for me and I love him. So I didn't care about what my parents said if they loved me they would accept my choices.

What Guys Said 3

• xD. this question I think is all unianimous xD. this is a relationship advice site after all lol.

• From a dude's perspective, my parents (my mother at least) have tried to set me up with women before. Generally, the hesitation is that my mother and her's will try to own part of our relationship and act like they have rights to it. So that by itself is an enormous turnoff.

My mother has horrible taste in women anyway.

• If I married a guy, trust me, it wouldn't please my parents.

But when I got married, "equal" marriage wasn't yet legal here.

• It's the catch phrase used by the queer community having an equal opportunity as straight people to marry the person they love regardless of gender.

What Girls Said 24

• i might decide not to choose some1 because our families differences, or because my family have logical reasons about not choosing him...but I would not choose some1 if he is just acceptable by their views...

although sometimes we are in agreement :D but in case that he is completely out of my league but my family like him...i would not marry him!

• my parents wouldn't be so selfish as to coerce me to marry a man that I don't want to marry. no, I would not make a major life decision to please soneone else. if I'm not happy why would I do it?

• nope never. in fact, I would date a guy and marry a guy my parents didn't approve.

• Not going to marry someone I don't love ...he's going to figure out I'm faking it and t will hurt his feeling badly as will mine because I HATE hurting people. This is also a form of gold digging.. In the end he will feel USED and gold digger will become my label about town. No thanks!

• Wow that's a hard one... I feel like I wouldn't do it because I want to be married for love and not to make other people happy. What are this guys feelings for me? Does he have a desirable personality as well? Is he a good conversationalist? Does he have the same belief type systems? All things I would need to consider. If he is a man that I can see falling in love with and there was no chance of cheating then I might do it.

• I will only marry for love. So I voted B. I'm sorry I love my mom and grandparents but I will do what I want to do in my life and make my own mistakes and accomplishments regardless of what anyone wants.

• Hell NO! I have to live with the guy. It is 100% my life, My decision... If they like him so much then one of them can marry him lol.

• That basically sounds like arranged marriages were the son/daughter has no say in who they end up marrying, it's all up to the parents to find the 'best' partner for them.

Even if the guy ended up being great and had all the qualities you listed, if I didn't love him I definitely wouldn't marry him.. you can't always learn to love someone. It's just not my parents happiness I'm concerned about it would also be my own.

Anyways, I wouldn't marry a guy just to please my parents.

• NO, never. in fact, I usually date guys that my parents would never want me to even date, much less marry. I really don't care what anyone thinks, its my choice.

• I'd only marry someone if I was genuinely interested in them and wanted to.

• i would end up hating myself if I did something like that because it is very selfish to marry him if you don't love him the way he thinks you do, when he could be spending his life with someone who does.

• no way.

• No, to marry and spend the rest of my life with someone I'll have to be in love. I wouldn't marry someone because I had a little crush on them.

• No that not fair

• That'd only lead to divorce

• I can do it,Why not? since he respects me and isn't bad person! why not?

Love doesn't always have a happy end.

• Yes. I would actually be happy if my parents would find me a man cause I don't think I'm gonna find one by myself...

• sometimes I think the same thing myself. It would probably be the only way I'd get married because I have a fear of commitment but I'd marry a guy like that if it would make my mom happy.

• I COULD NOT do such a thing! By the way people pleeease answer my question(:

• No.

• I wouldnt

• I have only been in a few long relationships and tried to force myself to love but I have learned leasons from them all such as you can not please everyone as the only way to find your true love is to break a few hearts on the way, I am pleased where I am today and live my life in the moment but if you feel like this is the right choice for you then grab it

• I did it.

• I would only marry someone when I am deeply in love with them, I won't marry to please anybody since even if they are my parents and I love them, is my life :P

• It doesn't seem like a happy marriage to me. You have to be selfish because it's your life! I think I'll go crazy if I only submit to my parents' wishes all the time. I've already tried to please them before by doing things they want me to do, but right now, I have to take control of my life, especially choosing Mr. Right haha