How to tell parents you're getting married?

I'm recently engaged to my college sweetheart. We're both early 20s. He asked me to marry him last night on our date. He's in the military, I'm a student. He says he wants to be with me forever and I can be his army wife. I love my fiancé, but afraid how my parents would react. One: He is a different ethnicity than I am. Two: My parents are afraid of me leaving, I'm their only daughter. Three: They'll probably say we are young, I'm 21, he's 24. These are just things I'm afraid they'll use against me. If I tell them now, they'll possibly freak out or try and tell the entire family. How do I tell them?

Most Helpful Guy

• How long have you been dating? And do they approve of him? If they do, and if you know what you are doing, then I don't think you should have much to worry about.

Thank him for his service for me, please?

• We've dated since we both started college. He started at 21, and I started at 18. My family knows him but they said to be careful because he went overseas. They think he was cheating.

• Lol that was funny. Yeah, they knew, but they wanted me to wait until after grad school.

• That's understandable. They want you to be more marketable for jobs. The military is a lot better about taking care of families these days than they have been in the past. I'm sure you'll still get a chance to further your education.

What Guys Said 1

• It's your life girl. Why would te ethnicity thing be a problem? What ethnicities are you guys? Also you leaving? You mean like you will be moving with him? And how old were your parents when they married?

• She wants her parents approval and blessing, yet it's really between the couple. I'd really like my parents to back me if I dropped a bomb like that on them.

• I just think it's important to let my family know. He's caucasian and I'm black. My father never liked that about him, but I love this guy.

What Girls Said 1

• read the first few chapters of twilight breaking dawn.