Be honest...is this weird?!?

So I recently got engaged to the girl I have been living with for over a year. Her parents have a close circle of friends and within that circle is my finances ex boyfriends parents. I found out tonight that they plan on inviting them to the wedding because they didn't want to be rude to them and they are inviting everyone else in the circle. The problem is that I think her exs dad would think it would be funny to come because he is just strange like that. Would it be weird if they came? They come up all the time throughout conversation because both of their families are friendly. Anyone been in a weird situation like this? How should I handle it?

Most Helpful Guy

• she chose you man, it won't be weird unless you make it

What Girls Said 4

• Just concentrate on your wedding and be happy...of cause its awkward...alot goes through your head like is it their son the wanted to be here... ye! ye So what I'm the last man standing and I'm going for my happines...yeeeeeee!

• i think it'd only be weird if her ex was invited

• There's nothing wrong if they come but the thing is, the awkward feeling is always around.

• Plus parents don't have a lot of friends, so llooww* dem lol

What Guys Said 3

• they usually say your first feeling is most likely the right one. I have never been in this situation but I can understand being weirded out about it if that makes sense lol but I mean if I were the other dude I would definitely feel more off about it cause they hang around my ex girls parents but at least he isn't showing up

• It may feel a bit awkward, but it's not like you can choose the friends of your GF's parents. Just looks like they got more out of your GF's past relationship then your Girlfriend did. :)

• Awkward maybe but not so weird. Look at it as another wedding gift.