Would you date someone who said no sex before marriage?

Would you date some one that said no sex before marriage, no kissing, no hugging, no sleeping together before marriage? Just wanting some insight.

Thank you every one for your input. I asked her and out and she said yes. So hopefully every thing will go okay so cheers guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it would say to me that we have very different views on these things.

What Girls Said 16

• Well I would hope so! Though this hit pretty close to home, because I didn't realize that there are guys out there who actually won't date girls unless they have sex with them. So I had to say goodbye to the one that laid that on me. Yeah, I think going the whole way with someone should be saved for marriage too. I mean, I'd probably want to hug and kiss them. Though I don't know because even that could progress faster than you want it to be and could be dangerous. If I had sex with every guy I've dated seriously, I think that'd be pretty sick. And wouldn't you want that kind of commitment from someone that you'd be willing to give?

• I am also doing no sex before marriage. But no kissing and hugging would be a no. Hugs and kisses are how I feel close to people and I feel that it's a necessity.

• If it was only no sex before marriage then I would date them. But if I also couldn't hug or kiss them, then that would definitely be an issue.

• I'm assuming you're dating an innocent girl, and she doesn't want to have sex until marriage. The guy I'm talking to is the same way.

Usually people who say they want to be a virgin til marriage end up losing it beforehand. I mean-yeah, I would totally still date them...just gotta take it slow, which is a good thing (cause you rarely ever find couples taking it slow nowadays). Don't let a girl turn you off because of a lack in sex. It'll make you look bad, and like a jerk.

• Innocent yeah she is kind of, but her dad is the problem. He is a combat specialist and trains with me. I know some one that attempted to have sex with her, ended up with a broken nose, 3 broken fingers and 4 broken toes. I'm more than happy to take it slow with her, I just think of her father, if I hurt her as in breaking up with her he'd more than likely beat the hell out of me, yet again I'm closed quarters combat, so maybe she's worth the risk.

• Thank you.

• Sure thaaang.

• No sex wouldn't be a total deal breaker. No hugging or kissing and we'd just be friends.

• Yes, sex is great and I believe A LOT of people would agree but to me it is not a big deal, if it is a good relationship sex is a complete after thought.

• yes I would!

• I could no sex as I also want to wait ( I'm not a Virgin though unfortunately) until marriage. I dated someone who didn't care and you can see where that got me

• no kissing or hugging? no

no sex before marriage? yes

• No sex = yes, no kissing or hugging... No

• No sex, yes.

But no hugging, no kissing, no!

• no Sex, I could deal with. But no kissing or hugging, this just insane! You might as well be brother and sister!

• I've heard of people who are from certain backgrounds doing this..it's some custom I think. To me it sounds nuts and I personally could not deal with it.

• Sex eh... I don't know. Just like the anon girl said below what if you have sex once you're married and there is no sexual chemistry. I don't think I could do that. And no hugging or kissing before marriage? Are you a duggar kid?

• Thank you for your input!, No I'm not a duggar kid, they don't use the internet remember? Also it's girl I'm interested in, that's laying down the ground rules not me.

• No problemo man.

• Ok well good luck Merry Christmas. :)

• no sex- yes

but no kissing and hugging- no

imagine having your first kiss at you wedding. or trying to kiss or a simple hug after months or even years of dating and her breaking up with you because of what she said. that just doesn't sound right. but then again maybe she'll crack after months without hugging... I mean hugging is natural you can't just say no hugging.

• No, no, no. Sexual chemistry is important to a healthy relationship and how would I know if I have found someone I had that kind of chemistry if we didn't have sex before marriage. I don't want to be caught in a bad marriage because of some antiquated ideals.

• EXACTLY.

• I will be honest when I say I am shocked to find someone who agrees with me, especially another female. Thanks for commenting.

• Thank you for your input!

What Guys Said 6

• Are you ready to make that kind of personal and religious commitment? I will wager she is very churchy, too. That is not necessarily a bad thing; she might be the sweetest woman who will love you to the very end. But it does mean you had both better be in it for the long haul.

You might ask her about how many children she wants, and when. If she wants them right away and you are not financially, emotionally, or otherwise ready, that's a sign to reconsider.

And if somehow you two do end up having sex, the responsibility for birth control is 100% yours. Do not get "trapped" into a bad marriage or bad fatherhood.

• I think I am I'm 18, I've only ever had two girlfriends and there's a spark there between me and her. She is very church driven she's a mormon/LDS, I could see myself spending my life with her but that's just. Children some time in the next 2 years, and 2 maybe more. thanks for your input as well mate.

• Yeah, as long as she'd be alright with me getting a sexual kick out of the whole platonic thing. Someone like that who moved in my circles would be like, extremely unique, she wouldn't be your everday innocent and chaste village-gal, so I'd dig that a hell of a lot anyway. It'd annoy me, not being able to hug her, and I'd perennially try and convince her otherwise, but I'd be eternally enthralled by her way and very much drawn to her. If she was just a chaste christian girl, though, I probably would, with the hope of corrupting her. Ahahaha, I've done that before, too.

Uh.. Don't thank me for my input, please, I didn't give any input.

• okay. I'd not attempt to convince her in to hugging her dad is a combat expert and I work with him. I don't want to create with riffs with him, even though I'm his boss.

• Hahaha, it's very hard for me to imagine a man being annoyed that somebody hugged his daughter

• No sex before marriage? Yes. No kissing or hugging? Maybe, but most likely no.

• Yeah. As long as the reasons are good. And as long as it doesn't look like this on our wedding day: link

• Uh, no,no,no and that would be a no.

• i would but I would need to eperiment with some things to know if we were sexually compatable