Men, would you sign a pre-nup agreement?

I always see this question posed to women and have them accused of being gold diggers if they say no.

So I'm turning the tables and asking what you men would think and feel if your fiance asked you to sign a pre-nup to protect her finances in the event of a divorce?

It's the beginning of planning for your divorce. You're hedging your bets.

You're saying I will love you forever and ever and ever...but just in case, can you sign here.

If you think one day you you could get divorced then don't get married.

It's a sign that you're not "soul mates" or not "true loves" because one or both of you believe you may not be together forever.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, that's dooming the marriage to divorce.

What Guys Said 12

• Whether we like it or not marriage in addition to a life-long/serious commitment is the merger of acquisitions and interests. Granted I can be a romantic as well unfortunately there are circumstances beyond our control whereby these are a necessary evil and serve to protect our interests should for whatever reason things not go according to plan; it's a safety net because there are no guarantees in life. That said, as a future lawyer it'd be remiss of me not to have one in place but I have other mechanisms in place also to ensure my interests and assets are protected given all that immense work I had put in to achieve them.

• I would fully support this.

I don't see it as leaning towards future divorce, I consider it smart financial planning. It might not be you who filed for the divorce either. I don't want some girl to marry me, then divorce me 5 years later and think she's going to get half my money.

• no problem : I did it

• Most definitely. It likely wouldn't even be much of a discussion.

• I should have had one. So yes?

• I have no problem with this.

• Yeah, everyone has that type of insight. Don't get mad because you didn't get the answers you wanted to hear.

• the only way id marry is if there was a prenup...

• I would never sign one

• Ok fine look at it this way. If you think one day you could get stds then don't have sex.

Wearing a condom is a sign that you don't "trust" your partner.

So just always practice unsafe sex.

ITs the same logic.

• Of course. I would fully expect to. My girlfriend is a doctor and comes from a wealthy family. It's never mattered much to me. I've never even asked her how much she makes after all this time.

• I don't think your going to find a single man that would hypocritically think that its OK one way and not the other.

Men have no interest in using someone for their money. That's women.

• Of course.

What Girls Said 2

• Pernup is the business end of marriage. Yes I would and I think everyone should have one. Divorce can really create financial ruins, why not try to minimize it just incase?

Besides you can include any clause you want in there. Like for if he cheats, etc. it protects both parties.

• sure, but if you believe there could be even a little chance that it's in his character to cheat why would you marry him?

• I wouldn't.that is just an example. Besides one can never predict what will happen in 15 or 20 years.

I don't think most people would marry their spouse if they knew how things would turn out.

• @QA- you fail to consider that there are other variables beyond the person's character; i.e. their extended family etc. could because a rift such that a divorce ensues-there are countless situations whereby couples divorce because of their parents or other relatives. I have seen it for myself where a relative of mine went through a divorce after his wife suffered a brain tumour (and recovered) and had her side of the family put ideas into her head about him and their marriage.

• it makes sense. I don't see why anyone would object to it. it's fair