Do you know of any couples that have only dated for 6 months that get married and it lasts?

I wonder if couples that get married after 6 months of dating really last for years. I have a hard time believing that those marriages last. Do you know of any couples that have only dated for 6 months that get married and it lasts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a girlfriend who got married after dating her husband now for only three months. Ofcourse it is not the norm and maybe uncommon but it happens. They are extremely happy together and have a child now. They have been married for three years. I know other friends who got married after dating for several years but aren't happy at all. It is not a matter of the dating period rather than clicking with the person. Some people create strong bonds and communication quite fast. It happens. :)

• Well that makes me have a little more faith that love can last. I don't know what is wrong with my generation but it seems that those that was born in 80's and up marriage never last. My parents are still married after 30 years and they are the reason that I still have faith. People never try and I believe technology may have a little to do with that. Back in the day my parents didn't have cell phones. Your right communication is the key and now people rely on texting rather than talking.

• You are absolutely right about that. People in the generation of our parents and grandparents kind of understand what true love is all about as well as devotion, committment, responsibility and whatnot. These days things have changed to the worse. Well, it is all about the strength of your moral code, devotion, responsibility and your capability of loving. Communication is no. 1 key to a successful relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• I can speak from experience. My wife and I only dated for about 7 months before we got married. We have been married since 11-03-2007. We are also expecting our first child due in just a couple months. I don't see it ending anytime soon and believe that we will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary way down the road.

• Thats great. I pray that it will last that long. I don't know why people give up after 6 years of marriage. I was just messaging someone earlier that I don't know what is wrong with my generation (born in 80's and up) but most of us never try. Communication is definitely the key. I am happy for you.

• I met my wife about the first of February, 1995..let her move in during May and married her June 30, 1995...we are still married 16 1/2 years later...(:

What Girls Said 4

• My parents had a long distance relationship for one month before they met, and 6 months later they got married. They've been together for 25 years this year.

• Yes :)

• my parents. my parents dated for less than 6 months before getting married and 25 years later, still married

• No. I have friends that dated for under 6 months and they are going through divorces or they are separated.

• Yea I don't believe that you can really get to know a person within that time period. It is all good in the beginning ...communication and everything else may be good but after awhile things could change after you really get to know a person.