If a man is being charged with child molestation would his wife be wrong to leave him?

If a man is being charged with child molestation or rape or fraud(think Bernie Madoff), is his wife morally obligated to stay by his side(through sickness and in healthy, for better or for worse, Til death etc) ?

Would she be wrong to leave him in the midst of his being charged?

For instance, would Jerry Sandusky's wife be a bitch to leave him? Would Bernie Madoffs wife have been a bitch to have left him?

So is a woman morally obligated to stay with the dude?

• Yes, she is obligated to stay
  • No, she is not obligated to stay
  • Other/Idk/explain

Most Helpful Guy

• If she is leaving him because she honestly believes he is guilty, that is totally understandable. If she is leaving him because she can't handle the stress of the media attention, the trial, the speculation, etc, then that is abandoning her husband in his time of need. Not everyone accused of a crime ends up being guilty, and anyone who was falsely accused of a crime would need all the support he could get.

What Guys Said 6

• No she's not morally obligated to stay with him. If either of the members are unhappy in the relationship I think they should get out of the marriage after they've tried to work it out. I mean the vow is pretty vague as I guideline for when it's OK for divorce. If we followed the vow like a law I'd say no one would be able to be divorced unless one spouse killed the other one (death do us part). The vow is only a gesture, I think it should be taken more seriously as divorce rates are pretty abysmal but that's my opinion.

on another note I would say rape and child molestation are pretty good reasons to leave your husband.

• If it is clearly obvious that the guy is guilty of a morally deficient crime like that then I wouldn't blame her for leaving. If he was just accused because of circumstantial happenstances and she just leaves because she is embarrassed then she is wrong.

• Depends, does she believe he did it? If she believes that he did commit (insert one of your examples here), then there is no reason for her to stand by his side. The only reason she should stand by his side is allowing him to prove his innocence.

• No. Its infidelity. It would be no different if he cheated with another woman.

• God no, she shouldn't if he really did do that stuff and she knows it, imo.

• no not if its something as immoral as those things! there is no excuse or reasoning!

What Girls Said 4

• Of course not. Those vows are old and outdated to when it was a womans obligation to serve the man, and they lived only for the man, and he had all the power. These days, a woman has her own life and her own mind. If she wants to stick by him, she should do it because she genuinely believes in him and his innocence, or if she can forgive him, not because she has taken a vow to promise to stay with him. I think the moment something happens that makes you see them as someone other then the person you married, and its irreconcilable, then the other person has the right to leave.

• No you're not morallly obligated to stay. If you think he did it then you'd be an idiot and an enabler to stay. But if he did not then stand by him through loyalty.

• The only moral obligation she has is to leave him. To stay and support him is like condoning the behavior. Besides the kids if any need to learn wrong from right.

• he is innocent till proven guilty but once found guilty she ain't obligated to stay.