Do you want to get married at some point?

Why, or why not? If you're already married or have been married, what's it like? If you could do it all over again, would you make the same choices?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don't know yet.
  • I'm married or have been married.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Marriage is not needed to have a long-term, dedicated relationship with another human being. Marriage is not needed to have children. Marriage is not needed to have a family.

Marriage is completely, 100% unnecessary and usually just complicates things. Even the financial benefits break down at a certain point and make it more expensive than to remain unmarried.

That's a very big problem with this country; that marriage and family are basically synonymous. People don't even think about it, they just react and go with it because they're "supposed to". What a stupid reason to do anything.

• I'm on the fence about marriage, but you make good points. A lot of people take it as a given when they should really stop and think about it. I also wish it wasn't assumed that everyone in a committed, long-term relationship is going to eventually get married. It'd make my life 10x easier in the future lol.

Anyway, this was a good answer, thanks.

What Guys Said 9

• At my age, coming home to an empty house sucks moose balls. Having no siblings to pass on my knowledges and the family name hurts. Traveling to foreign countries with only my eyes to see the sights isn't so much fun. I'm too old to play the one-night-stands now, my odds of joining the Elite Men's Club of One Thousand Conquests(sexual encounters) are absolutely zero.

The problem isn't so much finding a woman to marry, it's avoiding divorce. With everyone else doing it as though it's perfectly OK, this does not give me any confidence that my future marriage would succeed when so many are failing miserably.

I hate watching these young people act so selfish and spoiled, loudly announcing they don't need and want anyone in their lives. Sucks bloody tampons with tapoica pudding.

• How exactly is a preference for being single "selfish" and "spoiled"? Are you sure you know what those words mean?

• You would not understand, even if someone explained it to you.

• i should be married at my age anyways. Most of my friends my age are married and have a family and even the younger ones are married

• I am never going to get married. I have had too much bad treatment to let myself get trapped with someone that does not really even care about me even if it looks like they do on the outside.

• Someone once said it's wrong to have marriage as a goal, since you should have love as a goal. I definitely want to spend the rest of my life dearly close to someone.

• Yes, I definitely want to get married one day. I want to be able to share my life with someone.

• I want a life partner, I was born to settle down.

• Yes I like to be married to a cute loving gal, I can wake up seeing the same female everyday :)

• Of course !

• I've been married. No joy in it. I know you guys think you'll be the exception to the rule, but you won't be. Look at the stats. 50% fail - If you went skydiving with a parachute that only opened 50% of the time, would you do it?

• ever heard of an adrenaline rush?! :D

• I've skydived before. Adrenaline rush isn't a strong enough term. Leaving the plane and thinking "this is it, it's over for me" and 15 seconds later the chute opens. Still, almost 100 people die each year from it, even with parachutes that open 99.5% of the time

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, I definitely want to get married. In fact, the sooner the better, (with the right guy of course) because I want to be able to have kids while I'm young, and I honestly don't see the point in waiting for years to get married when you both want to do it. Waiting for the perfect career or house or financial situation or whatever is silly. But that's a bit off topic. lol. I'm rambling again. lol.

• Problem is, finances (or lack of) are the #1 because of divorce.

• I mean CAUSE of divorce...

• Yes, I know that. However, everything in your life does not have to be perfect before you can get married, which is what many people think...i've known several people like that, and I very much disagree.

• Yes, I certainly want to get married. I think in life it's nice to know there is that one special person who loves you so much. Also, nice to have someone to fall back and to be able to know you always have them their. I know you have family too but sometimes you need someone a bit more then that. And if you have children it's better for the children if you're married because there is more hope that you'll be together for ever.

• I guess I'm unsure. I still have a few more years ahead of me to decide I guess. I mean, if I feel ready and met the right person, then yes. So for now, I guess it's still a maybe.

• Yeah I do.

• Indeed yes, it's one of my dreams in life.

• I def want to get married and I hope it's not gonna that late either. In 5 or 6 years would be great

• I'm not entirely sure. I'm leaning towards no, but things could change. I think I'd just rather be single and focus on my career more.