Can a 21 year old guy think of marriage?

My boyfriend (21) and I (22) are together from a year and a half.. and we are very serious about our relationship .. my mom knows about him , and his parents know about me .. we are waiting to finish college so we can get steady jobs and get married .. yes we are young , but we both have same interests ... no we don't wanna form a family yet so the children issue will wait .. it's just that we both never lived the couple life .. and we live in a society in which you can only be with the one you love if you are married.. We still have a year and a half of college .. so say we would get married in 2 years and something .. do you think a 22 year old guy can actually think of marriage ? or it's just a fantasy that even himself is not sure about .. I talked to him about it and he said that age is not an issue, he is very serious about this and he wants me to be the mother of kids one day .. he is very mature, since most of his best friends are 25 and up .. I have strong faith in our relationship .. however sometimes I get my doubts that one day we might realize that oh no .. we rushed ! .. any ideas ? do you know any couples that got married early and are happy ? I know some .. that's why I have faith .. anyway It's not that I am asking advice from strangers.. I just thought I would share how I feel on here.. since almost everyone here sometimes needs some sincere opinions so here I am :) thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it is possible. My boyfriend was 20 when he first mentioned that he wanted to marry me and we're still together and talking about the future. If the talk of marriage didn't scare this guy away, then as long as you still love each other, hold him tight and don't worry.

What Guys Said 6

• yes , I have even dreamt about in my sleep ha ha :D

but there is indeed a difference between thinking about it and fantasies about it ...

they can sure have a long relationship

my dad and my mother were together when they were 20 and 21 they got married at 23/24 and got their first child a year later , now they have four grown up kids and still love each other a lot :)

I know people who stayed together for 10 years , not getting married and then broke up ...

You can never be 100% sure , it's partly luck , partly MAKING it happen and make it stay ... relationships don't just "exist " you have to work on them :)

• I got married at 23. We're still married. There have been ups and downs. I don't really regret getting married at that age, but wish I'd had more experience or understanding of relationships when I got married.

• yes its I'm 21 and ready to get married to my girl. although I am ready she said she is not which is fine for me. just take your time and if he is still with you in 2 years then by then you will both be ready and more mature and by then you will be more ready for the long haul

• I do.

• Possible, I would wait till after college so you know where your futures are headed.

• sure some guys do/will..others are like me and want to wait until 29 or 30...(:

What Girls Said 8

• I am in a situation such as yourself, where I am also in college & in a very serious relationship. I sometimes have the same feelings as you in regards to finding love at such a young age, & worrying about whether or not regrets will come up in the future..with either of us. But the conclusion that I have come to is that...If our love for each other really is as strong as we feel it is...then marriage can wait. Why rush it when you know that the two of you will always be true to one another? For me, I'd rather wait until we are both established, matured, and absolutely sure about things...& then go ahead with the marriage thing. It's a big move..& believe it or not, timing is verrry important! Hope this helped! :)

• I think it's possible, it just depends on the guy. My friend proposed to his girlfriend when he was 22. It's on some guy's radar, it just depends on where a guy wants his life to be before he decides to get married.

• I would say, if you wait until after college like you mentioned, then that would be perfect.

And, yes I have met men at 21 wanting marriage.

• Me (19 nearly 20) and my boyfriend (18 nearly 19) have been together 5 months already and we've already discussed marrige and we both know that we want to be with each other forever. We're going to wait a few years first before everyone panics lol :P go for it that's my advice. If you've found the one you want to be with for the rest of your life grab the opportunity with both hands and go for it :D xxxx

• im married and my husband is 18 and I'm 17 so young marriages do work if you put effort towards it. I'm not saying its easy but its worth it if you love him and he loves you

• WOW this is the youngest married couple I have ever heard about :D You guys must be really cute haha, for how long do you guys know each other ?

• Our whole lives he's my adopted brother

• If I ever get married I wouldn't do it until I was over 30. I would enjoy my life while in my twenties, travel, experience! Can't do that when you're tied down. If you want to do other things in your life do it now before you get married! :)

• Yea I know what you're saying but in my case..I am tied up now and the only chance for me to evade and live my life is getting married to a fun guy who is willing to travel and adventure.. but in the same time serious enough to take me seriously .. so basically I wanna do this (beside my love for him) to leave this sh*tty place and start a normal life :)

• My parents got married when they were 18 and have been together for 31 years. They have had their ups and downs, but love takes work, no one said it was easy.

• Dont rush