Hypothetical: Your boyfriend/girlfriend decides they want to wait until marriage

my girlfriend if 2 years was joking with me, saying saying she was gonna wait till marriage to have sex with me again. I knew she wasn't serious Because after 2 years of pretty consistent sex, I know she wouldn't just stop lol

but I pose this question. if after being together for a long time, and having sex consistently during that time, your partner decided that they would rather wait until marriage, how would you react?

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless we were within a month or so of marriage, I'd dump her.

What Girls Said 5

• Depends on how long until you get married. If in the very near future, might be they just want to hold in so that night's special or maybe a because of worry and some need for communication.

• In fact, because she loves you, she will want to give you a complete self. Premarital sex may be normal for many people, but you want a family of girls, this is a very important thing. So I think you should respect her thoughts

• lol its a hypothetical so luckily I don't have to worry about that. I'm fine with taking breaks from it for a while but idk. I'm still young and I don't plan on getting married for a while so it'd be really hard

• Emotional problems are really very complex, ^ _ ^

• I'd say bye bye luv...

My belives tell me that if you're gonna buy a car, you haz to test drive it first for Gods sake.

• Oh sorry I only read the title!:P Hm I guess I would be pissed like hell, who the funk is supposed to take care of me then?

• I'd be so thrilled that he changed his mind about marriage that I wouldn't even care about the other part lol. Seriously though it wouldn't make a difference. I know I love him and I don't ever see myself wanting to be with anyone else. What's a year or so without sex in the grand scheme of things? Not much, plus I could always take care of things myself ;) I have sex with him more to please him than to please myself anyway.

• If you'd already had sex, many times, it would be ridiculous to suddenlt decide to wait a few years to do it again so it'd bug me.

However, if they said that to start with then I'd be fine with it.

What Guys Said 0