Wedding or just a court house quickie?

I'm getting married in October and can't decide if I want to do it at the court house or actually have a wedding. I've never been interested in having a wedding... so expensive and a lot time and planning, but court house seems cheap and dirty! How did you get married?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would go with the courthouse. You don't want a big wedding, so do what you want and what feels best for you. Weddings are expensive, so I don't blame you for wanting something small. People are spending around 50 grand just to get hitched and have a reception.

I know a lot of people are only having a small wedding with close friends and family only, and then having a small reception afterward. You could always get married at the courthouse and then have a reception with just close family and friends after. Even a pot luck lunch or dinner with everyone would be nice. But it's all up to you, it's your day so do what you feel is best!

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• After the huge church wedding, my best friend/lover adventure seeker became a recluse and eventually ended it.

The one that lasted was only immediate family + BM/BM + preacher

in a beautiful City Park gazebo

then off to a hotel reception,

then oohlala hotel

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not married yet but recently engaged! I would like to have a larger planned wedding, but there's a lot of space between that and going to the courthouse. That's the beauty of it, it can be whatever you two want it to be. Maybe it's just the two of you eloping, or just your few closest friends in attendance. It doesn't have to be big and fancy to be classy, all it needs to be special, is to be exactly what YOU TWO have in mind for your special day.

• Go to the court house! It'd save a ton of money and prevent a lot of stress, especially if you have no desire to have a wedding. If anything, just throw a small reception for some family and friends afterwards.