Is it normal to not like your husband as much when he tells you about his dark secrets whom he has told no one?

is it normal to not like your husband as much when you find out about his dark secrets whom he has told no one but you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is normal, but you better get rid of normal and be his one and only best friend or he isn't going to be able to confide in you anymore. Everyone needs someone who will let them be honest, and do you want that to be someone else for him?

• It's just secrets about him which no one knows about. It makes me feel special that he is trusting me with them but at the same time I feel betrayed because this wasn't the person he was portrayed as he asked me to marry him.

What Guys Said 1

• did he rape a woman? did he kill someone?

What Girls Said 1

• "Normal" in the sense that it happens to a lot of people, yeah. But "normal" as in rational and healthy? Noooope. Unless the secrets involve him doing something really awful.

Doesn't it make you happy that he can confide in you about something so personal?

• thank you so much dear for clarifying this for me. I love him so much, but I just get taken off guard sometimes! They are nothing awful. It's just secrets about him which now one knows about. It makes me feel special but at the same time I feel betrayed because this wasn't the person I thought I was going to marry!

• Well, even if his past is kind of messed up, who he REALLY is hasn't changed. I think it's important to remember that the past doesn't necessary define someone. So while he doesn't have the same LIFE you thought he had, he's still the same guy :)

I think it just takes time to let the new info sink in. When my boyfriend told me he was abused, I immediately started wondering if he's hiding who he really is, because there's no way he could be so well-adjusted, haha. But he is :) Gotta trust that.