Ladies, how do you wear your wedding ring?

I was talking to a really cute girl today and in the middle of the conversation she brings up her husband (By the way, I love it when women bring up their bf/husband so then I know she's off limits. Even tho I'm a bit disappointed).

I didn't see her wedding ring until she took a drink, ONLY her wedding ring was upside down. Like, the diamond was on the same side of her palm.

Why would she wear it like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, mine is a size too big. It turns on its own. And sometimes I do fidget and play with it. Don't read too much into it. If she was hiding it, she'd just take it off.

What Girls Said 6

• I like playing with my rings, spinning them around my finger and playing with them so they often get turned upside down. I also wear them a different way if they're too big so that I can kind of hold on to them better (a down side ring is easier to keep track of then one that's upright).

As for anon's answer, she's a judgmental little girl, doesn't she? Just because the ring is upside down doesn't mean she's an unfaithful hussie. In fact the whole bit about her mentioning her husband to him proves she's not... Just saying.

• It could be that the ring is too big for her. That happens sometimes when people lose weight. I wouldn't be too bothered by it. It's just something that happens. I had a ring once that did that to me, because I lost weight and it was then too big for my finger.

• oh, I guess I didn't think of that. Its the married ones like to talk to me more, compared to the single girls

• I would turn my ring backwards if I was in a place I thought I could potentially get mugged in. Or sometimes I just play with my rings absentmindedly and they get turned in a weird directions. There are endless reasons why it may have been that way. I think it's very judgmental of the anonymous user to just assume she's a hussy. If that was the case she wouldn't be wearing the ring at all--and she CERTAINLY wouldn't be talking about her husband!

• maybe she'd been playing with it..

maybe it turned on its own..

maybe she doesn't like showing it off because its big..

maybe she's embarrassed about how small it is..

maybe she's worried about damaging it..

maybe she's willing to play, but only on certain terms.. which you don't meet..

maybe she feels threatened and is using it as a weapon..

• The only reason my rings ever get turned that way is if the ring is too big. It kind of sucks in the winter because my rings don't fit as well because of the cold.

• She sounds like an unfaithful hussy.

Or maybe it got turned that way on accident. My ring does that sometimes, but that feels annoying so I'm always putting it right whenever I notice it. Did she ever fix it?

• no she didn't. I don't think she's like an unfaithful wife, she sounded like a really good person. Well, at least she was cool to talk to me anyway lol

• Then it's probably something you were paying too much attention to. Maybe she just likes to wear it that way, or like another user mentioned it could be too big for her finger. No point thinking too much about it. I was kinda being sarcastic about her being unfaithful.

• oh... well you gotta put a "lol" or :) or something to show sarcasm lol, especially if your answering anon

What Guys Said 1

• she didn't wear it like that, it might be a bit loose and it naturally spins that way...like a watch.