Afraid to propose to her might bring a tear to my eye ...

I am afraid to propose to her because she might be shocked and that look on her face might bring a tear of joy to my eye and it might make me look like less of a man. How can I not show any emotion when I go through with it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Then maybe you are not READY to propose to her,if you are not WILLING to be vulnerable in front of her.

• being vulnerable or showing emotion is not manly and it might turn her off persay.

• Instead of investing in an engagement ring,you might want to invest in some therapy.The belief system you're holding is one that is dated and stagnate to any relationship.It sound like you need to work on yourself.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't worry about the tears, just go with it. Lots of women love when men show emotion..especially the tough guys who never cry. The more you try to fight back tears, the more nervous you will be and the harder it will make everything...so go ahead and just relax and let go. It's going to be a beautiful moment, so why not show some emotion?

• Dumbass. You'd rather be expressionless? -.-

• Tape your eyes shut. Paint eyeballs on the backs of your lids. THEN propose.

• good idea sunshades I'll probably wait till the spring/summer on a nice sunny day by the beach then she won't see ...

What Guys Said 2

• If your relationship hasn't been built on you sobbing left and right, I see no harm in shedding a spare tear or two during such an important moment. This is coming from a man that almost never cries.

• Wear sunglasses :)