Dream wedding or money towards a house?

So would you rather have a dream wedding that cost a lot of money or something very simple and put the money toward a house and future

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd rather have a simple wedding and an awesome honeymoon. But I'd also choose a house over a "dream wedding". My "dream wedding" would revolve around marrying the most amazing man in my life...not a "perfect" dress and a ton of over-priced decorations.(:

What Girls Said 13

• Definately a house. A wedding whether it's your dream wedding or not only lasts one day. It helps that my "dream wedding" is a small, close friends and family BBQ and pitfire or something. But in the economy it seems ridiculous and irresponsible to put thousands and thousands of dollars onto one day rather than prepare for your life with that person. What if you get pregnant right away and now you've spent all that perfectly good money on something you can only see in pictures.

• Wedding day is only one special day but having money towards a house is lifetime. I think you should have a simple yet creative wedding and can still be as special than an expensive one.

• No wedding, house.

I might be biased since I don't really believe in marriage but yeah. I was raised a certain way and I want to have that same lifestyle and I want to provide that same lifestyle for my children. It might sound superficial but I wouldn't change the environment which I have been raised for the world. I'm thankful for the fact that I've always had food, clothing and shelter & would rather a man prioritize that over a freaking wedding.

• simple wedding.. money towards nicer house.

• Money towards the honeymoon and a house..no wedding

• house and future, a wedding last a day, while a house lasts for a looong time.

• A house.

Weddings are pointless in my opinion.

• house.

• Money towards a house. A wedding last a day, a house a lifetime (well hopefully).

• house. I mean every girl dreams of the perfect wedding, but if she's practical she'll use the money for a more permanent thing like a house. the wedding will be special enough because she is marrying her dream guy (:

• A f***ing giant ass wedding at St. Patrick's Cathedral even though I'm not even Catholic.

• I would want a simple wedding and put the money towards a house. It is so incredibly crazy to me that people spend so much money on their wedding. My cousin and her ex husband paid 83,000 dollars for theirs and then they got a divorce two months later. How ridiculous! I don't anticipate getting divorced, but I'd rather have a nice place to live, than a super nice wedding. The fact that I'm getting married to the one I love and am celebrating with my family should be good enough.

• yeh I think its ridiculous how expensive weddings can be.

• I want a house, but that doesn't mean I don't want to get married. I want either a small ceremony with family and a few friends or just sign the paper at a court house.

What Guys Said 6

• So the responses pretty much all say 'house' but the reality is most weddings cost a small fortune. It's nice to see girls can offer a rational answer when they're not in the actual *wedding* moment, but once they are most females get caught up in it, between a dress & place to get married & decorations & dinner & entertainment/bar & all the rest that it ends up costing way more than they'd expect (or be willing to do without) and will be money dropped on that special day instead of a longer term investment like a house.

That's just the way it is. Generally speaking, of course.

• No question, a house. An appreciating asset vs. a one-time event that seems to be valued more by females anyway? The answer is obvious, my friend :)

• Very simple wedding and putting the rest towards a house, far more practical and beneficial.

• simple wedding, with seed money for an easier future

• simple wedding, and a house to live in

• Money towards a house. I have a rich family though, so I can have both :D