How many Guys or maybe even girls would actually commit this long with someone?

As I was driving back home I heard in the radio about this couple who has been married for about 78 YEARS! The guy is about 100 years old..the couple got married in 1933. And they got some kind of honor from the president for being married this long..I mean its so beautiful that true love can exist but now and days you don't really see that and people don't believe in love. So honestly how many guys can be with one person for that long? And it does include sleeping with one person and the same person for 78 years.,And if so how many girls would do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't know anything about their marriage.

Maybe they are desperately unhappy, and yet don't believe in divorce for religious reasons.

Maybe they have an open marriage, and have both had many lovers over the years.

Maybe they have slept in separate rooms for the past 60 years.

"I mean its so beautiful that true love can exist but now and days you don't really see that and people don't believe in love. "

You have a very simplistic view of things.

• None of that changes her question though, you're skipping over the point just to give your own smart mouth opinion. She's asking if you think YOU could have the type of relationship she's talking about for so many years, regardless of what their marriage is really like. So do you?

• I was pointing out that I thought the question was invalid completely.

Like asking if Bigfoot is a vegetarian, and someone pointing out that it doesn't exist.

• my point exactly! @UberTroll

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I would totally do that! I mean if they're the one, then being together that long would be a treat! Not a pain! :)

• Only time could say for certain, but with the right person I think I could do. That's the plan anyway.