Washington legalized gay marriage yesterday, thoughts, good, bad, I don't care?

Is it a step forward, a step in the wrong direction? What do you think do you think they did something good, something bad, something to get votes from certain groups of people?

• It is great
  • It is awful
I guess also another choice that should have been in the poll is that the government should not even have marriages and that it is not their business to know who is or who is not together.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see any problem with that. If someone wants to get married to the same sex, why not? It does not hurt me in any way. The only thing it has an affect on is out future population. But, we are getting Earth overpopulated, so this could be a good way to slow down the growth of population.

What Girls Said 5

• Good choice. Marriage shouldn't be controlled by religious dogma. It isn't really a religious thing anymore. The act of marriage is political rights as well as a huge symbol. Denying marriage to people who identify as lesbian or gay is classifying them as second class citizens. We are denying them privileges that everyone else has, and there is no reason to do that.

Yay for expanding marriage rights!

• When two people love each other and want to be together, it's good, no matter what sexuality they are. I have a gay best friend :)

• I think its a step forward. People should be allowed to marry who ever they want.

• It is the only rigth thing to do. I'm glad they finally realized it.

• everyone should be able to marry who ever the hell they wont. law shouldn't come between it

What Guys Said 7

• From a religious stand point, it's not good. However, I believe in equal opportunity and the pursuit of happiness, from the Declaration of Independence. Thus, I don't care.

• Hurray for equality! People should be able to marry whoever the hell they want.. I don't see why the government even has it's teeth in something like that to begin with.

• I don't care about "normal" marriage, so gay marriage becoming normal is good to me. Equal opportunity to me means that I think the same way about it as I do other similar things.

• It's saddening that this issue has to be "legalized".

• Gay people should have every right to be as miserable as other married couples.

• A step forward.

No matter what the federal government or religious nuts or conservatives might think, history Marches forward.

It may take time, (e.g women didn't get the vote in America until the early 20th century, and of course there was a huge backlask against it at the time) but progressives will always win in the end. And that's why we don't live in caves any more.

There will be gay rights and marriage. There will be legal pot. Women will have reproductive rights. We'll eventually see a woman President. (I mean come on, if Pakistan can do it...) It will all happen. Eventually. Because the forces of conservatism can only delay progress. They can never role it back permanently.

• Its not good it will brainwash the children into thinking its alright and make them gay/bi and not straight.

• I can't tell if you are joking are not

• Yeah, because that's how being gay works. You start off straight, then check the legal status of gay marriage, and then change.

Moron.

• hmm its called impulses and brainwashing why do you think there is a lot of homo activity in prisons? When little kids think that same sex stuff is OK they may be more prone to trying it.