Marriage. Questions...

Me and my boyfriend have been together for a long time. We've been talking about getting married when we have the money. But there's something that kind of worries me. Two things really.

The first one is that he said it would be an honor to marry me and that I deserve someone better than him. I need to make sure he knows I love him and he IS the best. I tell him he is all the time because sometimes he has his moments where he's not confident about himself because other people have shot that down. He's not the BEST looking guy ever. People don't believe that we're together sometimes because I'm "so beautiful." It hurts me to think that people say things like that to him. I don't care about his appearance so much as I care about who he is. How he treats me. If he's a nice guy. I just need some advice on how to make him feel more confident about this. How do I do this?

Secondly, he said that we can have children. He thinks I'd be a great mother and it's cool that I want to have his kids. But... he said that after we have kids he still wants to feel loved. He doesn't want me to give ALL my attention to our kids and make him feel like he's not needed. I was kind of concerned about this comment because kids do talk all your attention. I didn't explain what I was thinking about that all too much because we have plenty of time to think that over. I told him that I would love him, I would love him even more than before because he's the father of my children. I'm not sure what he really thinks about this. If other guys think this, please explain your rational! I didn't want to make him worry about that yet. I just need some answers.

We are perfect for each other, we're always happy with each other and we're truly in love. I can't imagine myself with a better guy.

*take

What Guys Said 1

• 1) Humility in a relationship is important, but he must not insist that you deserve someone better than him. Humility simply means that you know you are not perfect and that you can mess things up if you are careful. This is like someone saying "I don't want to get my driver's license because I'm afraid I will get into an accident or get a speeding ticket". He needs to go forward without fear of damaging the relationship. He needs to be aware of you and his surroundings and he will be fine.

2) A baby requiring attention is not a matter of mommy loving junior or daddy more. It's looking out for the child's survival until he/she can feed, dress, go to the bathroom, etc. by his or her self. He needs to know that even HIS attention will be greatly diverted to nurturing your children as well.

Best of luck to both of you!

What Girls Said 0