Why won't she marry me?

I met this woman on-line 2 days ago. We met, had a drink, and then I just popped the question. "well, do you want to marry, then?"

and she looked completely shocked, as if I had committed some heinous crime. I know I can be a bit impulsive at times, but we had been talking literally 2 hours, and I felt that she embodied everything I look for in a woman (with the exception of slightly oversized breasts) And I felt like one of her nipples was staring at me. But her eyes are quite wonderful, and her ideas on the subject of "philosophy of mind" was quite fascinating. You see, I teach the subject.

I could tell she was quite attracted to me. Most women are. And yet, when I mention marriage, and possibly having children (3 to be precise, 1 girl 2 boys) they become positively restless, as if my presence is a mild, yet debilitating cancer. What to do? Any advice would be wonderfully appreciated.

No more nutty responses please. This question was a joke.. The joke is over...good night!

Most Helpful Girl

• Regardless of anything else, you are moving way too fast for any woman in her right mind to be okay with. If she had said, "yes", I would've had her shipped to a looney bin for a full mental evaluation. That doesn't mean it isn't salveageable though, but she needs more time. If she really is the one for you, that means that not only her physical and mental qualities appeal, but you will be okay with doing things more at her pace. If you truly love her, then give her time. Two days is way too soon! That's not to say things can't happen quickly though, a very good friend of mine and her husband have been married for over 13 years now, and they knew each other barely a month when they eloped. Sometimes, things do just click between people, but two days is undeniably too soon. I'm curious what you mean by Sagittarian quality, as I'm a full Sag myself. I think I may be misunderstanding a bit, because the Sagittarius is notorious for not wanting to be caged or pinned down in any way. In a relationship, a Sagittarius is immensely happy until they feel they are being squashed or shoehorned into something, and generally at that point they flit away on nimble feet into the next encounter in their life. This isn't to say that as a Sag, marriage isn't an option, and this sign is notoriously impulsive and spontaneous, -however- keep in mind that the Sag will only be happy as long as they feel they are there because they are wanted and appreciated, and sometimes needed, but never kept. The caged bird will never sing. If this gal is a Sag, be aware that even if she's head-over-heels with you, saying yes to marriage is going to be extremely difficult this early on, due to the "greener pastures" philosophy, and the fact that being wed is being caged.

• I do believe she is Sagittarius. Oh well. I do love her though, with all my heart.

What Girls Said 15

• Whoa there! Slow down please. First off a proposal after two days is very impulsive and scary. I would be taken aback by this as well. Jumping into such a commitment would most likely end up in disaster. Take your time getting to know the woman you are interested in instead of popping the question like that. No one is perfect and the time you spend together you will find out the little and the big things that may or may not make the possible union solid or not. Why are you so quick to jump into marriage? We all have dreams of the future but we all have to earn it.

• This seems to be the common thought. I'm impulsive.

Why so quick about marriage. The thought of seeing the woman of my dreams in that lovely white dress, a party by the oceans, doves, a warm fireplace in an inn around Asurias, surrounded by the snow capped covered mountains. 3 children driving me absolutely mad, yet

the great joy of my life. I thought all women want marriage. Perhaps its not a sagittarian quality.

• We do want marriage. We do not, however, want it to come too quickly either. Things that are rushed crumble easily. This has nothing to do with her astrological sign. You just are coming on too strong too quickly. Get to know her first and be patient. You are headed for disaster by moving too fast. It's irrational and just not the way to go about it.

• Get out of ur fairytale and hop into the real world for a bit, will ya? you can't plan everything exactly in life. ever. and shut the hell up about the zodiac signs. it really doesn't have anything to do with a person.

• I think two days is a bit soon to marry the woman you just met. You should get to know her more, beyond what you just see on her physically. One conversation that you may find fascinating with her may be the only fascinating conversation you may have. Ask her to marry you after a few months at least. :)

• April fools is tomorrow.. is it not? =P

• Peut-etre, mais moi, je habite dans un lieu ou on ne practique pas tout ca...un lieu tres tres loins de mon paye d'origine. Init? Brixton!

• Rough Translation: Maybe, but I live somewhere that doesn't parctice this. A place far far away from where I was born (from).

• hahaha STUPID! 2 days? what the hell? no sane person would say yes! I also laugh at your '1 girl, 2 boys, to be precise' comment. yea, you can control their gender, and you wouldn't love them if you had all girls or boys. at the rate ur going, id be surprised if you ever get that opportunity! 'I could tell she was quite attracted to me. Most women are.' swallow ur giant ego and join the real world. we'll be waiting for ya.

• My point has been proven!!! there ARE really dumb people on this site....

• Yeah, questions like: Is a 7 inch penis too small???? Do men like breasts????? He calls me alot, does he like me???? DUH!!!!

• You never know, some people would do that. You seem stupid enough, so you got an answer.

• Advice? Maybe wait more than two days. You can't rush into these things. If some guy asked me to marry him after two days, even after two months, he wouldn't be hearing from me again. Yeah you like your first impression of her but you don't even know her. You think you're going to spend your entire life with your first impression of this woman? If you do then you are wrong because there is much more to her than what you know.

• omg ok I don't want to be mean but are you serious...me and my boyfriend meet on line and talked on there for 2 weeks then talked on the phone for 1 week and then he asked me out and we have been together for 4 months and we talk bout marrage all the time hel we feel like we are marryed but it took 2 WEEKS before we said I love you and stuff when I talked to him on th e phone befor we got to gether I stayed up all night to talk to him and had to get up and go to school the next day we talked for 7 hours straight I'm sorry dude but don't rush things...

• lolol Thank the Lord!

• You absolutely made my day with this wonderfully funny phrased question! I even signed up to answer which I haven't done in months.

Cheers to your brain cell!

• No problem doll. Love is pain. But that is the joy!!!!! I'm so in love! And really, she is Sag.

What a difficult lot, those.

• 'love is pain' only for the idiots that don't know what love really is.

• And I suppose you know all about love....at what....17...

• why the H*ll would she want to marry you?! she doesn't even f*cking know you! you are way too desperate

• Get a clue woman...

• I meant like finding professional help, or picking up a hobby. ( I watched 25 minutes of television today that you very much.) and maybe its because the average american teenager doesn't think that anyone would waste their time posting fake questions online so they can make fun of OTHER people. conversation over.

• Gee you have a point there....

• AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA your kidding right? 2 days? really?

• was this seriously a joke? well maybe. I just thought that your presence is a mild yet debilitating cancer was funny and professional.

mm I'm sure you really did this. itsnot a joke. you just realised what a stupid thing you did. HAHA the joke is on you mister...!

• She needs to know you first. You guys should talk about the marriage, what you will do after the marriage.

• It was a joke question.. a joke...a joke...a joke...a joke..a joke...ajo..ke....

• You are crazy to even consider marrying someone you have known 2 days. What is the rush? Get to know this person. She could be crazy and most certainly thinks you are at least desperate for asking her to marry you so soon!

Relax and take it slower!

• U MET HER 2 DAYS AGO! she needs to get to know you better and make sure she marries a complete nutter!

give her some time

• I mean really you can't just ask someone to marry you after two days, if you really like someone you have to take things slow you scare people off when your like hey nice to meet you will you marry me and have my 3 kids. That's crazy!

• Oh really, why not? What if I feel like it!! imbeciles!!!!

What Guys Said 11

• 2 days...

Cmon man, you know that this is way too soon to know if she's the one.

You mentioned physical things. (And some ideas on one subject.)

Do you share the same sense of humor?

Can you manage how she deals with stress? (and vice versa)

Do you have the same views on how kids should be raised?

Do you get along with her family? Does she get along with yours?

While going into a relationship in order to see if you are compatible for marriage is fine. Saying will you marry me means that you think that you are satisfied with your checklist.

But your checklist seems to be based off of physical attraction and not other factors.

• Well, no her breasts were overly large, as I stated. It was her intellect that grabbed me the most.

Plus we all know that intelligent women, are in my experience, the best in, as you say in America, the sack. Is that correct?

• Damn ur cocky. ah! an idea! suck it dumb f***er.

• I really hope you are kidding, but if your not oh my god dude you need some help, you can't talk to a girl for 2 hours and say hey will you marry, what the hell were you thinking, and you wonder why she won't talk to you anymore. You seem to be on the right track until you open your mouth and say something ridiculous like will you marry me after meeting the girl for 2 hours, yeah we're going to put that on the list of what not to do.

Now lets see where you further dug yourself in a hole, you mentioned to her children, hello most dudes are trying to get laid on a first date or at least get a second date and you go and tell a chick you want kids, are you serious? So after mentioning you wanna get married and have kids with a girl who you barely know, you wonder why she freaks out?

Dude I had a chick tell me she loved me on the first date, that freaked the hell outta me, and it was very awkward and extremely uncomfortable for me, I wanted to get the hell outta there and never speak to that chick again. But what you did takes the cake, that's just creepy and I can only imagine what is going through her mind when you pull that stunt, her first response is probably where's the nearest exit I am getting the hell outta here.

• Here's my recommendation:

You waited *way* too long. I proposed to my second wife after knowing her for *15 seconds*, and she asked me what the freaking holdup was. If you wait too long, the magic moment has passed, and she'll look for another guy to marry that evening. Live and learn.

Next time, don't get distracted by the eye-nipples trick. Women do that one on purpose, it's so irritating. Like X-Ray Spex.

Remember this helpful chant to help you focus:

"I am at once with my purity of essence. I am at one with my purity of essence."

• I concur! LMFAO! =D Yup, after 2 hours, she was already uncomfortable, wondering where this relationship is heading to and by the time you asked, she had already come to terms with it that he was not eager enough. Was there a ring? If not, that might be it too..who proposes without a ring?! Might be wise to just keep one in your pocket at all times, so that when you pop the question, you can come correct...!

• This guy leads this poor girl on for two entire days, then he wonders why her eye starts to wander. Hello, clueless!

• I had a ring in my pocket. Never leave home without them, actually. Just in case I see a hot young lass round' the corner. You never know....

• You are kidding right? You met online 2 days ago and you already asked her to marry you already? Way too soon bro. Fall in love, get to know each other in a few different contexts first. If it was me that would have been the last time we talked but I would have told everybody I knew about the experience. It is just creepy to pop the question so early.

• I totally disagree. In my book you ask it when you feel it. Creepy, that must be an American word.

• Shut up. You think this is an obvious troll post that nobody should answer seriously, but I have actually met people who have proposed on the first date, or have stories of being proposed to on the first date, or within just a couple of weeks of dating. Rare and weird, but it happens.

And you are right, respek is not in any English dictionary. Must be a French-Canadian lingo thing, pffft =/

• Alright, based on your responses you are a troll who simply wants to stir things up.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

• I kinda like this troll. It's fun.

Can we keep it? I'll feed it an' clean up after it, I promise!

• Finally some one with a brain cell around here!!! You see, I was absolutely appalled by some of the hideously stupid questions around here. So I figured I'd ask my own to see if people could see through it or not. It seems, for the most part NOT. That is a sad thing. Wake up people. Sorry if I caused any offense, but its for your own good!!!

• Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. you get serious answers because people really ARE that stupid. join them.

• i love how this dude posts a question as a joke and then can't take the responses he gets...i mean really...come on dude, you did this to yourself

• It's funny to see people:

1.) Take this seriously.

2.) Act all godly saying, "DONT FEED THE TROLL I LIKE CAPS LOCK!"

Seriously this website needs some humor like this. Relax.

• If you were serious about asking her to marry you why don't you just date a while and get to know her, she could have some deep dark secret that would make life with her unbearable, and she is logical to fear the same thing from you. Sure, a lot can happen in two days, but a lot MORE can happen in two years. Be patient with this sort of thing.

On that note, I once asked a female friend to marry me in Las Vegas, not for real just as a joke because I thought it would be funny and she seemed appalled. I don't see what the big deal was, I would have been happy to end it if she met some guy she liked *shrug* whatever would have been fun. Maybe women take marriage more seriously then I do, or at least they pretend to-- not sure why though.

• HAHAHA! :D That's some funny stuff man :P

• LOL. Hilarious. Funny, stupid that is.

• Make up your mind brotha!

• You've got to be trolling.

Two days? Any decent person would never say that.

But if you aren't a troll, aren't you moving a little too fast with marriage?