Why do people get married if they know they're going to cheat?

That's weird to me. why not just stay single? why walk down the aisle then?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they are selfish people who care only about their pleasures and not about the lives that they destroy to get what they want.

What Guys Said 8

• Cuz they can't cheat unless they're married.

• this is a silly question, no body ever plans to cheat, it always just happens as people just let themselves get involved by their impulses.

• If they know they are going to cheat, I say it's because of selfishness. I can't help but wonder, though, how many people really go into marriage knowing or intending to cheat.

• Because usually those people don't know how to express how they feel and just go along with it.

• Because they don't care

• Because their logic and value of what marriage really is, is distorted, that's why some people get married and still act as if they're single, they're only married when their spouse are around.

• Because when your looks go, you want to have at least someone to go home and f***.

• Because they lack self discpline and do things on impulse. Unless you are religious, marriage essentially means nothing so there is no reason to really be exclusive for one person

What Girls Said 3

• If you're dating someone, you're, technically, not single.

BUT, anyhow, some people usually get married because it is "the next step ahead" in a relationship, not because they're in love. And why are those people even dating someone they're not in love with? Because they don't want to be alone.

So, with some relationships being this futile, some people get married and cheat on each other. The end.

• They want to have their cake and eat it too.

• I have a cake. I'd like to eat it.. That makes perfect sense.

Who would have a cake and not want to eat it?

Sorry. I am realizing the ridiculousness of this expression or I'm tired.

Mind explaining it?

May it be that you've got something great, but you spoil it by giving into your desires, so that is then gone?

Food is meant to be eaten.

As for the marriage thing, people have a problem keeping value to things.

• what kind of cake?

i want some...

• It means that you simply cannot have both. Its either one or the other.

• Most people who cheat on their spouses probably didn't get married knowing it would happen.