What to do? I bought my girl friend a engagement ring a year ago and she just told me she does not like it. Its the one in my profile picture. I am upset a little but I love her so much

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be upset about that too. It's much more about having the right man than the right ring, in my opinion. Plus, if she was going to say something about it, she should have said it early enough that you could have taken it back and had her help you pick out other options she would like. Unfortunately, even though I don't think this is fair to you - if you really love her, I'd say that the best option to make her happy would be to get one that she will really love. Take her to a jewelry store and have her show you different options that she likes, then choose out of those so that it's still a little bit of a surprise for her. I'm sorry that she didn't like it though, because it's a gorgeous ring and I would personally be very excited to get something beautiful like that to symbolize love.

What Girls Said 6

• That's a nice ring I had an engagement ring once which was much plainer than that I hated it to start with and my mum was like what's that., but at the end of the day at least you asked her and made an effort and at least asked her. She should be grateful. So she doesn't like it. Go together and let her pick, but personally I think she should live with it, but we do all have different tastes so buying one together maybe more special.

• Ouch. That's not very nice of her. It's not the ring that matters anyways, it's what the ring is supposed to symbolize.

• well any girl would be lucky to be given one. In my case, it's extremely rude to not accept it because it's not her fairytale ring. kind of puts a bad taste in my mouth...just saying.

• you should be upset, what a bitchy thing to do. No offense. But that's a hell of a thing to say, you spent a ton of money on it, spent the time to pick out a great one, and the fact that she is going to nitpick is just selfish, insensitive, and shallow. It's not about the ring it's that you fell in love, and you are taking the leap and the responsibility of caring for her the rest of her life and she just craps all over it. And a year afterward, way to harp on something tony and insignificant. Maybe you should talk to her about it, she might not have meant to be hurtful but that was incredibly rude and unnecessary of her. good luck

• That is a beautiful ring! Ill marry ya! lol

I don't think that was really nice of her, and I hope, especially at your age, you know her well enough to really want to spend the rest of your life with her.

But, if you do decide to stay with her, maybe you can take back that ring and let her pick her own?

• It did take her a year to tell me?

• Geez, that's awful again I hope you know what you're getting yourself into...

I wish I could answer that for you hun, I don't knwo the lady and I really don't know why she would wait that long. Id tell her I'm sorry,and that you can't take it back, if she is adamant on getting a different ring then she obviously is materialistic and doesn't really care what the ring represents. I hope someone else on here can help!

• then let her pick it. usually girls andguys have very different tastes

What Guys Said 0