Sex before marriage?

I'm in my last year of high school and am, in a way, traditional girl.

I don't believe in sex before marriage. I mean, wouldn't guys want their girl to be a virgin on their wedding night?!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a classy, stand up guy would appreciate his girl to be a virgin.

What Guys Said 10

• Traditionally speaking, yes, guys would like to have a virgin on their wedding night. However, that is not the expectation in today's society.

What is your expectation for your wedding night? I'm sure you have some. What happens if he doesn't meet those expectations? Can you work it out? Is the sexual compatibility there or is sex just for reproduction? What is your idea of sex? Is it just to pleasure a man and/or do you just lie there and take it or is it active participation?

I toss out those questions because saving yourself for marriage is a commendable act on any girl or guy's part. However, I do think that some sort of sexual expectation conversation should be held before marriage in order to get both partners on the same page.

Too many people enter marriage without answering the hard questions; sex being one of them. Other questions include finances, child rearing, division of labour, money making, savings, goals, housing, travel and recreation, frequency of sex, among others.

Being a virgin on your wedding night is great, but being naive on your wedding night isn't.

• I do believe the same thing. But me and my girl fool around alot, just never sex. Its important that guys don't push you into it.

• If you don't want to have sex before marriage, that's your prerogative and there's nothing wrong with that. But to answer your question, I would have no problem marrying a woman who is not a virgin. I don't think that a woman somehow becomes less valuable just because she's had sex.

• Good guys want good girls. So good for you for making this decision. Make sure to act wisely in your dating and relationships so this can continue to be a possibility for you. It is very easy to get more involved and go further than we initially wanted to if we are not careful.

• If it's a guy that cares about you and marries you then yes, then I would say majority of guys would prefer that you're a virgin.

But you have to realize there are a lot of guys out there that just want sex. They dont' care about marrying you or your wedding night, they just want to have sex. So it all depends on the guy you ask.

• I, a virgin myself, would never settle for a girl who isn't. I mean, why should I work so hard to be this clean, pure person, when my spouse hasn't. Yes, the past is the past, but there are some things that can't be overlooked. If you want a really good guy, who is serious about life, and who values marriage more than anything and who will try hard to always be there for you, virgin till marriage. But it is how you feel. Just to put a statistic I found out there, 85% (it may have been 90?) of girls who have had sex before marriage, regret the first time they had it. SO I would play it safe, and wait. but if you do get married, make sure it isn't primarily for the sex.

• In conservative circles, yes, in theory men would prefer a chaste woman as a bride.

But knowing your way around a bedroom is no bad thing. We'd just prefer not to know how you came by your expertise.

• I'm saving myself and I would want my future wife to do the same. I agree with Brent330 that you shouldn't let anyone pressure you into doing it.

• well I wouldn't be that fussed about it if it was me.

• A mature guy, the kind you will want to marry shouldn't care about your past.

What Girls Said 6

• If the guy is a virgin, then yeah probably. If they're not, the why the hell should the girl be. The whole concept seems a bit old fashioned to me.

• Guys want to marry virgins and date girls that are willing to give it up!

• Many guys really appreciate to marry a virgin, but some other guys just don't mind. However, if you feel like you don't want to have sex before marriage then your decision should be respected.

• wait till marriage its a little painful and weird and if your younger its not even that long

• I think a good guy WOULD want his future wife to be a virgin. I also think a good girl should expect the same from the guy she plans to marry.

When you get married memories of past relationships and the experiences you had come with you. I would prefer that both of you have a clean slate and are making all the memories together.

• stay a virgin, that's the best and right thing to do...