Is it bad not to wear your engagement ring?

I don't really like wearing jewelery, never did. Now that I'm engaged however I really should wear that ring, so I tried. But I just find the feeling of it on my hand so annoying and then I'm also so afraid of losing it somehow.

I know he spend a lot of money on that ring and I feel so bad that I'm having such a hard wearing it.

Guys what would think if your fiancee was like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the couple but my fiance would NOT like it if I didn't wear my ring. It could bring up feelings of hurt, disapointment, wondering if there is an alterior motive to you not wanting to wear it, wondering if you just don't want people to know . . . I wear my ring proudly, it's a symbol of our special connection and lets those other guys out there know that I'm taken. You will get used to wearing it. If you can't do it now then how will you when you are married? The sooner you start the sooner you will get used to it.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd tell her that the next time I saw her NOT wearing her ring, I'd snip off her ring finger with a pair of wire cutters!

• if she'd tried wearing it and really found it uncomfortable, I couldn't really hold it against her. that said, I think my mind would (stupidly) start racing with thoughts that she didn't want other guys to know she was taken. I agree with the girl below who suggested wearing it as a necklace.

• Pretty much what katylaura said. I would think that she wasn't complely into being engaged and I would be nervous, but I'm paranoid. Just really reassure him that it's just uncomfortable.

What Girls Said 4

• Try wearing it for a significant amount of time - about a month at least. If you really can't handle it on your finger then why don't you try getting a simple chain and wearing it around your neck? I've seen both women and men do this before because they don't like rings on their fingers. But you should still try wearing it on your finger first and if you can't handle it, then talk to your man and ask if he'd be okay with you showing it off in this different way. That way it will still always be with you.

• wear it around your neck if you don't like it on your hand. but you better get used to it because wearing a wedding ring is not gonna be much different.

• That's a clever idea, but don't you think it would get looked over? Whenever I want to know if someone is married I look at their left hand. A ring on a necklace wouldn't even register in my mind, unless the lady specifically pointed it out. Which, ultimately, is still better than not wearing it at all.

• I don't think it's bad at all. If it's really so uncomfortable you can find an alternative way to wear it, or just wear it on occasion. Just make sure you explain it to your fiance. I know a lot of people who don't wear their wedding rings, so I don't think it would be horrible if you didn't wear your engagement ring.

• wearing a ring is gonna feel weird at first, and you're gonna feel like you will lose it, but you really won't as long as it fits, and you really should wear it. After a while you won't notice it anymore and it'll just be like a part of you. That is how I was when I first got a ring, but then I kinda just forgot it was there.