How many guys would like to be house-husbands?

Doing the cooking and cleaning, taking care of the kids, etc... If the wife was the bread winner... Would you stay home and bake muffins?

• Yes
  • No
  • Results

Most Helpful Guy

• Sign me up, without a prenup!

As long as I have the full force of the threat of divorce in my hands, my partner never has the full force of "I'm leaving you on the street" in her hands. Therefore, I would GLADLY let her go bust her @ss working, while I stay home and do (as Oprah says) "the hardest job in the world" . . . cook, clean, take care of the kids, work out and look pretty, tell my wife that I don't mind her being a little chubby and tired-looking, reassure her that when she dies about 5 years earlier than me from all the work-related stress - I'll take good care of everything she leaves behind (lest she forget she can't disinherit her spouse) . . . : ) you mad bro?

Okay, I'm done engaging in this highly fictionalized fantasy . . . le sigh

What Guys Said 18

• I would try it, if it worked, I would do it for her, as long as we could offord it and she was happy,x

• Gotta go with dre on this one. I wouldn't mind just staying home and not having to work obviously, but it would make me feel like a lesser man and a bad husband.

• I wouldn't have a problem with it but the problem with that is my cooking would be too focused on healthy eating and not enough on "things kids like to eat." That's the reason I don't allow anyone else to cook for me.

• I would lie about it to everyone and try hiding it but yes I would. At the end of the day we all know how challenging it is to do housework, take care of kids, cook, clean, and everything but this will never be as hard as working 40+ hours weekly and working under people and meeting deadlines, etc.

• Neither my wife or myself have paying jobs so we both are generally at home although I go out to my mental health and brain injury support groups.

• I would but I don't like cleaning and I can't really cook

• I could do it but it doesn't mean I would.

• I'll do whatever she needs me to do if it helps the family.

• if she made enough I would stay home sure as long as she still respected me as he man

• I could never live with myself if I was in that position. I would rather die than be a stay at home husband.

• No, I need to get out there, explore life. I would hate being stuck at home.

• No. I prefer to contribute to the house financially. However, I will share doing the housework with my wife. I know that I can cook.

• I dunno. I wouldn't mind it. But I wouldn't necessarily enjoy it either. Would hard to say without trying it out.

• Never.

• I wouldn't mind.

• Not sure...I am the main cook anyway...but I don't do much cleaning...(:

• Depends, I'd feel like I'm less of a man if I did though.

• No way in hell am I getting married.

What Girls Said 0