Views on arranged marriage?

Hi there, what are your views on arrange marriages right/wrong and reasons please.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm neutral if the arranged marriage is voluntary. If it's forced then I'm opposed to it. I'm not an expert but in Judaism and Islam, it's not necessarily set up from childhood, people get matched with their spouse by a respected elder who understands their personalities. then the person can choose to accept or reject the person after a date, at that point someone else will be selected for them and the process continues until a match is made that makes everyone happy.

What Guys Said 2

• First of all, theae relationships don't start with lust or infatuation. They are the relationships that need a lot of effort initially bit then the relationship grows. You often don't know each other very well so there are no preconcieved expectations. Also when they are arrangwd by elders, you seem to listen to the same elders when something goes wrong. Having said all that, arranges marriages can also be messed up.

• Wrong reason- Why marry someone when you might end up not like them and end up being married.

Right reason- Sorry there is no right reason. Arrange marriages are back in the old times where people were forced to marry others just because of wealth or family purposes.

What Girls Said 3

• Well in my opinion is wrong we all should have the right to choose who we want to marry. plus I don't know how you can develop feeling for a total stranger.

• it's wrong. love should play a part, not parents

• I've no problem with it,going to do it 1day.