Why do people who are against gay marriages concern themselves with it?

I'm heterosexual but I couldn't care less about gay marriages. I mean, what possible influence could it have on their life?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because 99.9% percent of the time it has to do with religion and along with that they have their noses so far pressed into their book that they can't see anything else in the world. So they think it's wrong,also because they're very closed minded people.

What Girls Said 9

• my thoughts exactly.

• When people wish for me to stick up for their beliefs...it always helps when they are tolerant of mine...(:

• that's nonsense. Gay people should have rights but other people who have strange inhumane, questionable habits should not be cared about

• I have strange, inhumane, questionable habits, and I find that very insulting.

• I 100% agree! Some people are just very judgmental about other people's lives.

• I wonder the same thing. But I think it's because of their religious beliefs, ect. Like how sex is solely for procreation so if it's between two people of the same gender they can't procreate.

• It must make them feel better about themselves? maybe?

• Amen! I have no idea what it is that make people get so against something that doesn't hurt anyone, is actually none of anyone else's business etc.

Find something else to do other than stick your nose where it doesn't belong or wasn't invited in.

• more people should be like you.

• i agree, I don't think because you don't agree with something that it should stop other people from being able to do things.

I don't think it's anyone elses business what gender someone else is or who they choose to marry

• honest answer: because I feel that issues like these affect society as a whole, including myself. I am one of those people who is against gay marriages. I am not religous in any way, never have been. I am not a conservative nor republican. I'm actually very liberal about most aspects of life and politics (pro abortion, pro weed legilisation, have no issues with premarital sex, alcohol etc)i won't go into why I am against this, in my main answer anyway, because its not the exact thing being asked.

the consequences of legalized gay marriages is that society will be forced to think or taught that gay marriages or even homosexuality in general is completely natural and normal, which in my opinion it isnt. my concern is that 10/20 years from now, kids will grow up thinking that its completely normal and without any fault at all to be a homosexual, or for 2 homosexuals to raise a child.

its all very easy to say things like 'i don't care about gay marriages' or 'i don't care about politics'or anything like that, until you are actually affected by it. and I make this decision by actually envisioning myself in a situation where gay mar. are legalised and society is brought up and made to think that this is perfectly acceptable, and perhaps one day my own children my become wish to be a part of a gay marriage. if any parent can go truthfully through that situation and truthfully be able to say that they werent in some way disappointed or upset by the fact that there kids believed that they were born that way and they couldn't help it, then I may rethink.

now I'm only 16, but since I was in about 6th grade I started noticing how many kids were convincing themselves that they were born gay. so many people in my school were/are thinking that theyre gay for the most miniscule reasons, ex thinking their friends of the same gender looks good, having certain 'masc'/'fem' interests. this is because of the pressure being put on us new generations from a very young age to be accepting and tolerant of gay marriages and right etc.

i don't have problems with people who are gay being together. I have many gay friends, two gay cousins, I've never badmouthed them or anything. if I vote yes to gay mar., then ill have to vote yes for gays adopting children aswell. and the cycle will go on and on until this mindset becomes perfectly acceptable amongst everybody. when you make something legal, you're basically saying to society 'yes this is a perfectly healthy, normal and acceptable thing to do'. if they want to be together, that's fine, good for them. if they want me to make a vote into my political system to allow them to change the laws of the country that I live in, that will in turn affect my society and the society/media of future generations, then obviously that is going to affect my, and obviously I will have an opinion on the matter.

• There is nothing wrong with gay marriage or adoption

equality is about giving equal rights to everyone regardless of a characteristic

sure it's not the norm,

but then should we not allow single parents adopting kids

do we say that it's �healthy or normal,

is that reason for it to be illegal?

And people have a view of gay and straight, where it's not considered if they're bi or just find the other gender attractive�

but that's not the fault of gay people

it's the media who pushes a

• or laws against wanting to be with children were passed.

my reasons for not accpeting homosex. as something normal and perfectly fine is as simple as I said in the first par. of my comment. I don't think gay people are stupid, or crazy, or sinners, or anything. I just think that somewhere along their path, they got feelings or thoughts or experiences that made them believe that they werent normal or couldn't be. then you have all this 'pro-gays' media everywhere these days that making them think

• that the reasons they feel different is because the were simply born gay. its like telling fat people 'the reson your fat is because you were born to be fat, so keep eating!' its not, you just have a misunderstanding or confusion in your mind. its not an illness or sin, its just a personal confusion you have in your head about the way you see youself and other people.

• it's just the very conservative religious people who can't seem to get over it even though it most likely will not affect them that much never mind the fact that they are violating peoples' rights. Everyone should have the right to marry whoever they wish

What Guys Said 10

• well... me thinks they have some unresolved issues within themselves. This is not a professional qualified opinion. just a guy who observes sh*t.

• It'll corrupt the next generation is a big one. That's why people don't think gay people should be allowed to raise children - it might make more gay people. This has an implication of 'It's alright, but don't encourage it' - which is tolerance, not acceptance. Or, it might have a statistical or economic perspective, or even evolutionary; 'If everyone was gay, the species would cease to exist.' So, they don't want the younger generation to be affected by homosexuality, as such, prone to become it.

If you look closely, this is actually a government-adopted perspective. Ever notice how mot of the early-90s cartoons were taken off the air and replaced with new ones? Rocko's Modern Life was replaced by Fairly Odd Parents, etc. That's because they felt the focus on male-male relationships would promote homosexuality in children, because they'd be exposed to it at the age of sexual awakening.

• I don't understand either. Its not their relationship or marriage. Why can't gays have the same family benefits as straights. Whether they are married or not they are still going to be gay, who are we to say who can get married or not.

• Maybe they think their god will like them more.

• They gonna live together anyway...but I hate F***ing Media throwing this in my face all of the time...because I REALLY hate media...(:

• huh?

• properly*

• cause the concept of marriage is that only "men and women" can love each other. not that I'm defending gay marriage, but WHO CARES!? marriage is insanity anyways. so I'm surprised that society wouldn't rather encourage gay people to get married, since gay people are always picked on by society

• Because God made Adam and Eve NOT Adam and Steve...forcing me to accept what God did not intend is wrong!

• Don't know if your sarcastic but...

Ok, first prove your God and that he made Adam and Eve

(which is frankly pointless to what we know with evolution)

and then it'll be a legitimate argument

otherwise it's no different to me saying the Monkey God disapproves of capitalism

• yeah, the bible hates period sex. you're probably going to hell.

• Right on , Larry69

• Because they want attention.

• Sound gay to me

• It offends them on a deep level. You don't understand their mindset.