Loyalty over happiness?

i was watching TV and I saw a woman taking care of her husband who was injured because of the war. her husband now can not walk and he has to be taken care of for the rest of his life. what would you do if this happen to you? would you divorce your spouse and move on the another person? or will you take care of this person for the rest of your life?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oof! That's a tough one! I think if I loved the girl, I'd stay with her, support her and take care of her. BUT I'd probably have to seek sexual fulfillment outside the relationship. I'd still take care of her, but I'd definitely need to find pleasure with other girls.

• thats the most realistic answer I got so far

• Thanks. I think it's honestly what I'd do.

What Guys Said 5

• "Till death do us apart", To commit to marriage I would need to dedicate myself to her which wouln't be an overnight decision, I should have grown with her and if she means that much she should still be making me happy. If she was simply injured, I guess I would have to do more for her but not worth divorcing over

• I'd stay around.. not because of marriage vows or traditional things like that but because I'd be in love with her and loyalty goes with it.

• WHAT...THE...CRAP.

How could leaving even enter your head? If it did I would have ZERO respect for someone who left for that reason

• I think there's a sentence when you get married, something like "for the better and for the worse" or something like that.

• yeah but how many people actually do it

• thats why I asked the question..it makes people think

• For sure, but my point is more, you can think all you want about it, you won't know how you'd react until it happens to you.

• What's the point in getting married if barely anyone takes the vows seriously any more?

What Girls Said 0