Forcing me to get married?

I seriously need help. My parents are forcing me to get married to a total stranger but I'm not ready. What should I do? I've thought of running away, trying to hurt myself (so I don't need to go through it), or even getting my parents done with the police (for other reasons) or even just going through with it and lead and unhappily life. if you think I should speak to my parents, it is out of the question. They will never listen my mom will just emotionally blackmail me. Please help me.

Thanks for your help guys. I can not tell them that I don't want to or f*** off. I just don't know what to do, I feel like everyones against me. Why me? What did I do to diserve this? I guess this is how sh*t life is.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry that you've been put in this situation. No one ever should be. If you are in a country where it is illegal to force someone into a marriage you need to go to the police if your family threatens you for disobeying their wishes. The law will be on your side. It would be traumatic and you might feel that you are betraying your parents, but understand that they betrayed you first when they thought they had the right to force you to marry a stranger. Cultural arguments simply don't cut it either, a forced marriage is a violation of universal human rights.

What Guys Said 5

• Don't do it, if your 18 and in any civilized country give them the finger and leave. the odds of a total stranger being OK with this and not a complete monster are very remote.

• IF this happens when the minister, priest or judge asks do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband say "I have repeatedly told my parents I do not want an arranged marriage so my answer is NO I DO NOT"

Then they will have to listen.

• say no. there are very few countries in the world that will still allow you to be wed if you say no. and if your parents try and punish you or something go the police route

• make then a gag account so that they have something to while they are bored instead of ruining your life.

• Unless you live in a country with arranged marriages then tell them to F off.

What Girls Said 0