Do you believe in marriage?

i personally don't, I mean I will probably do it on day if I've very much in love and I will do it to make my girl happy but marriage in general I don't believe in it because somewhere down the line it always ends in divorce.

only like 5 percent don't

so do you believe in marriage?

i think there should be more laws in a marriage if people want to do it

Most Helpful Girl

• I think society is to blame! I personally don't think you need to be married to be happy with a partner, although it's an experience where you get dressed up, spend a lot of money & watch everyone get drunk as f*** lol! I think now's generation days everyone takes divorces as an easy option.

E.g.

Husband - this marriage is too hard hunny I'm filling for divorce!

Wife - OK hubby don't forget to pick up the milk.

Bam! The End!

What Girls Said 3

• yes I believe in marriage. At one point I was like you what's the point when most of them fail. But it is worth a try to make it work and last

• i don't see it as something to 'believe' in. or not. it exists, so yeah I believe its real. do I want to get marred, have I ever intended to. no. not because it ends in divorce, f divorce was less stressful for people I might do it. I think being married is OK, for a while. its got clear lines, no ambiguity, but there will always come a time, when what you have to do, & what someone else has to do, will conflict. marriage makes people feel guilty for doing what they need to do, its too much drama. plus there is not likely any person, id trust enough to mary. people change . end up with a serial killer or psychopath.

maybe marriage every 5 years.

• Yes.

What Guys Said 6

• I'm starting to believe less and less in marriage.

This day and age, marrying a woman in the West basically means you give her all the power to royally screw your entire life over. Women even can get married with the plan in their mind to screw the guy over. And there is nothing protecting men.

So I'll have to be with a girl for a long time before I consider marriage. And I'd have to live in a country where prenups are respected.

• That's why I won't marry when I know with the highest degree of certainty that it won't divorce.. far too many people marry after a few years or less together before they even trult know the person they are with. I believe in marriage

• Eh I don't understand the significance in marriage.. I don't see how things change from before to after the ceremony perhaps because I'm not religious. I'd be faithful to the person I'm with regardless if I'm dating or married.

• 5%? Where did you get that % from? The overall rate of divorce ranges from 38% to 49%. I believe in marriage. I believe in it only for the vows (commitment to each other) and financial reasons.

• Not anymore.

• whats your theory on it?

• That marriage is over-rated and is not in our (men) favor. We have everything to lose, and nothing to gain except a dependent tax-cut on our income statement. I don't see why marriage is necessary, when you can get the same amenities and freedom without tying the knot in such an ultimatum-like way.

• I believe in marriage! And 5 %..? It's more like 50 - 60% that don't get divorced.