Would you like to get married and have kids?

I know I do, I'd be willing to wait too until I find the right person, I think the biggest mistake people make these days is rushing into it and then it all ends up sh*t

Most Helpful Girl

• Ermm yes with you. Girls this is my hubby on here he's pretending to be single, he's got 5kids with me! Including TWINS!

What Girls Said 8

• Of course. I only have one sibbling, an older brother, so I always thought I would have 2 kids and that would be plenty. My boyfriend on the other hand has 3 sibblings, making them a family of 6. I'm warming up to the idea that I might have more children than I thought I would. I don't know if my boyfriend and I will marry in a couple of years but I do know that he DEFINATELY has strong marriage potential. If we're still together by the time he finishes uni (about 3 years, about the same amount of time left for me to finish uni), I'll definitely expect him to propose. That would make our relationship about 4 years long, which is way long enough for me to set my mind. For kids, I'd be ready a bit later, probably around the 30 mark once I'm settled and working.

• i want to get married, but I'm not sure I want to physically have kids. I think I want to adopt, but who knows. I love kids and have a job where I work with them but for some reason the thought of having my own just scares me a little bit.

• No intention of either. Don't see the point of marriage, just a ring and piece of paper. And like my life as it is too much to have kids

• I dunno. I have been in about 3 LT relationships, and maybe it's me but they get boring. I just can't see a marriage lasting. Granted, it's constant work, sacrifice, give and take etc. I think it's safer to just live with someone, understand there is a commitment and go from there. Nothing is a guarantee so why bother to get married and deal with legal bullsh*t & high legal fees to divorce later?

• It's kinda different where I live, divorce is still really frowned upon by many and its not that common. I'd like to have a situation where like, I had a partner and we were both content with our relationship enough that we didn't need to be married, that we were happy with how we are as a couple, like you said. But I think finding a girl like that might be hard, since you know, girls have this thing of having a dream wedding and all that crap lmao :D

• I think with any relationship it kinda gets stale after a while, I look at my grandparents and they've been married for over 50 years.. I mean sometimes they argue but I think when you're with someone for that long they just become a part of your life so much it doesn't even matter if the romance is gone lmao. They seem quite happy, even now in their 80's. I kinda look for that as hope but sometimes it's hard when all you hear is bad things, I believe that they sort of belong to a bygone age

• Look, this is just my experience and what is rampant in my country. You are a newly wed now with Rubzie and your quints. Make it work, feed those kids plenty of corn beef and cabbage with a side of soda bread and let the rest fall into place! :P

• Not particularly. I love kids and I'm pretty good with them, but I just don't think I want my own. As for marriage, it just isn't a priority for me. I'd be perfectly happy in a committed relationship with someone without the title. However, for practical reasons it's probably simpler to get married.

Anyway, if I were to do either it probably wouldn't be within the next 10 years.

• I mean once I get my Phd.. & if I find a guy who's husband material and its time then ofcourse I'd love to get married and have children. I think that it's such a beautiful thing, if done right. If you rush it then it can turn into divorce and other things you never want to happen.

• Yep I would like to have a family someday :)

• Marriage - yes with the right person, but not in the top of my list for now for many practical reasons. Kids - yes when I can afford them and when my husband and I are ready. I completely agree with you that the biggest mistake people make these days is rushing into it way too soon, sucking the benefits out of the government and not able to hold on to their responsibility well. Are you coming to the rescue? :P

What Guys Said 5

• I would like to get married and raise a family, yes. I wouldn't propose until at least, the absolute minimum, a year of dating.

• Marriage isn't really important to me, I could spend the rest of my life with my girlfriend and we'd both be happy not getting married. But I've heard it has financial benefits, haha.

Kids, noooo.

• Not for a veeeeeeeery long time, if ever at all. Just isn't one of those things that is on my to-do list.

• I do-but it seems my parents want it just a little more than me.

• Marriage, no. Kids, yes.

...but not before I emigrate.