Bringing marriage up?

My boyfriend brought up the subject of asking me to marry him at his birthday dinner . At first he was joking saying he would ask me with a sweet ring and then he went very serious and cuddled me and said but if I ask you I will be asking you seriously and you have to answer me seriously . I was kinda shocked and felt overwhelmed and thought I was reading into stuff but sorter got taken back and wanted to know why he brought it up. Why bring that up ? Is it possible he warning me :/

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be totally practical to vet the question to see what you say. SOrt of ike a skill testing question to claim a prize. But really, why are you surprised ? Is it somethingthat you never thought of with this guy ? Or are you not ready for that. Be honest with yourself, be honest with him =)

What Guys Said 2

• I have no idea how long you two have been dating or any you guys background, but I think the thought of marriage should have crossed your mind at some point if you two are in a relationship. I'm one of those people who believes in dating people if they are marriage material and not just for a hook up or what not. I also don't beleive marriage should be brought up very early either I think it should be approached after a year of dating at our age.

• It's just a question for marriage you don't need to make a big deal out of it acting like you're shocked. so dumb.

What Girls Said 1

• mabe he wanted to be sur about your feelings and that your not rejecting him it is a big deal for guys to ask a girl hands to marriage your gonna be fine beside really why would you ask about it is natural thing so ? oh and congartulaions