Do you want to get married?

personally I never want to get married. its not my thing. I find it necessary. a paper doesn't show love nor does it mean it will last forever. do you want to get married?

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course! Marriage isn't just a piece of paper! If your house burned down and your marriage certificate or whatnot burned into nothing, are you still married? Of course! Obviously you DON'T have to marry to be committed to another and you don't even have to ever get married at all, but marriage is just the ultimate form of commitment. Why would a man marry you if there's always a chance of a messy divorce and problems? Because he wants to show his eternal commitment and love to you. It also sounds a lot more serious of a relationship if you call your man your husband rather than just your boyfriend. (:

What Guys Said 8

• I don't think marriage is all about a piece of paper. Its the whole "life long commitment" to each other and sealing their love to eternity, etc.

You sound so narrow minded about this

• :) love this answer

• i agree but what I'm saying is marriage is meant for life but people don't keep it for life nor does it mean it will last just because its a marriage

• some marriages last, some dont. Real marriage is when both of them belong with each other for life (its possible, my grandparents are high school sweethearts). That doesn't mean all marriages last either.

• I want to get married. The paper has nothing to do with it. It's about commiting yourself to the person you love for (hopefully) the rest of your life.

• Of course, although for a lot of people they get married for the sake of it without caring to commit to it a divorce is round the corner. It should be a decision only when you get the feeling you know for sure nothing will happen

• I used to. Since I can't find a girl who likes me, I have given up, and changed my mind. Not wanting to get married makes me feel better about myself.

• I did want to get married and I did get married. But if we ever break up I don't see myself ever marrying again.

• Abso-freakin-lutely!

• Don't see any pressing need to. What is the difference between a married couple and a long-term relationship besides obvious tax benefits and insurance beneficiary rights (which a long term relationship has anyway)?

• I voted no but the poll highlights that I voted yes. Is anyone else having this kind of problem?

What Girls Said 10

• I definitely want to get married some day. As to whether it will happen or not, I am having doubts :(

• awww you are only 22. you are so young so it will happen don't worry :)

• I wanna get married someday, but I've never been the girl who plans her wedding day even when she's single. I just know that sure I'd like to do it one day, but I'm in NO rush and I don't feel as though I HAVE to do it before I reach a certain age and all of that bulls**. Besides I'm young so in the mean time I'm just enjoying life.

• I kind of dont. But I want to wear a big pretty white dress. And have a cool party with cake and flowers. But to commit to someone, I don't know if I like that. I dnt even know what dating is like so I don't know yet :D

• true to an extent... getting married doesn't mean love will last forever but marriage should consist of being true to that one person! I actually never really thought about marriage but I do believe that maybe one day I will

• Not really. I don't see the need for it. If I was with someone for ages and they wanted to take that step I'd wonder what the point of it was, but I wouldn't mind. It's just one of those things that I could take or leave and not care all that much. lol

• Yes, I most certainly want to get married...someday :)

• I want to get married someday (: Marriage is a beautiful thing if you keep committed and true to your vows

• yeppo.

• No, don't think so.

• I'm undecided...