Better to have had a divorce than never married?

I've heard that, by age 30, it's better for a woman to have had a divorce than have never married because people tend to think that there must be something wrong with the woman if she has never married by age 30. Is it true?

I'll be 28 this year and am dating someone who has proposed. I'm not ready to get married but I'm worried that if I don't get married now, I'm going to fall into that "woman with problems" crack, especially when friends around me are getting married one after one these two years.

Most Helpful Guy

• lol they taken out of the what's wrong with her category and placed into the damaged goods category. no if a girl was thirty and never married id assume she just didn't want kids or a husband and was either to busy having fun or pursuing a career

What Guys Said 4

• No, it's not better. It's always better to wait for the right one to come along, and never rush into anything just because you feel the need, for whatever reason.

• Don't ever do anything you are not prepared to do. The divorce rate is around 52% and gets worse with every marriage after that. So take your time.

• ridiculous

• Well, I know for me that I would rather have not gotten married than getting a divorce. You're 28. I think you can find someone you can click with. Personally, I think divorce has some stink on it too.

What Girls Said 1

• Why would anyone prefer to get divorced? That is a horribly long and drawn out process (for many at least) especially if you eventually have kids. If you aren't ready for marriage then don't do it. There is no set time limit that you have to get married by and its better to marry someone who you are confident it will work out with than get into a situation where you married the wrong person because you felt pressured into it...