Do you have to sleep with your husband on your wedding night?

What if you are too tired or you are traveling or something or simply not even in the mood. I know it's your wedding night but you a guy be upset if you said no?

Most Helpful Guy

• Somewhat and he'll never forget it. Yes, I speak from experience.

There's no 'do over' on your wedding night. He'll always remember it. Maybe he's fine with postponing sex but you should definitely talk to him and find out if it's meaningful to him or not.

I'd seriously consider leaving the reception a little early if it's going to make the difference. The beginning of your sex life as a married couple is more important then one more hour hanging out with friends.

If you both want to wait till the next morning or till you reach your destination fine, but that would need to be something you both wanted and discussed in advance.

What Guys Said 2

• The idea of having sex on your wedding night is a left over from the antiquated idea that a marriage must be consumated in order to fulfill the obligation of the marital agreement or contract. The interpretation of the modern idea of marriage has changed as far as obligaton is concerned ...

• Might as well have it with him. You have the whole rest of your marriage to tell your husband that you're too tired for sex. Gonna break that out the first night, huh?

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think you have to but it's something expected