Your feelings on Marriage

Do you feel that marriage is over rated? If you were to divorce, would you get married again?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's overrated. I do, however, think that marriage and commitment aren't taken as seriously as they should be.

• So true. I always tell my Boyfriend cheating is like running a red light. You know it's wrongand it's so easy to do, but you take a chance of doing it and hope you don't get caught.

What Guys Said 5

• Marriage is not over-rated. If you find the right partner you want to spend your life with - marriage is the only thing you would think. I am not against the live-in relationship but marriage ties in a bond which is not shaken that easily. Though like every relationship everything depends on the mutual understandings.

• It's not overrated. Millions of couples marry every year.

Marriage is not for everyone of course, so if someone is not ready for it mentally or financially then better not... but if you've found the right one and everything is good - then why not?

• I have been married for almost 17 years and I am fine with it..would I remarry?...maybe...if I thought we were compatible..one thing I would be a little leery of is the finances..i had an Junior High shop teacher who kept getting married and then he would lose half every time he divorced...and my Mom who is very strong on marriage even said he needed to quit that! o.O

• it can be, if you find alone in your life, you can get a partner to support you in your dark days., and there must be someone to ask for your goods and bads.

• its very overatted. Its a piece of paper, a legal ceremony, and legal benefits. I hate when people tell me that I don't truly love somone just because I haven't put a ring on there finger.

What Girls Said 5

• its got nothing to do with love, its property relation, & you get societal financial benefits , if you are married, that's it.

if you really love someone, you don't need the hassle of a divorce , to safeguard against leaving them.

i think marriage is like. I love you 'now' & want to be with you forever 'now'. I'm going to marry, you -so that when the day comes I no longer want to be with u, it will be very difficult psychologically, economically, legally, spiritually, socially, for me to extricate myself from the situation, so I will most likely stay so- We will be together forever.

being with someone and not cheating on them & continuing to care for them, even tho you are not legally obligated , to do so, but because you have the will, to do so, is love.

'having' to do all that is just a cowards love, for people wh lack conviction, and don't have the inner strength to pull from. imo.

• For me it is not overrated, I want to get married but with someone I love. Marriage takes a lot of time and patience, I mean you're not always going to agree with your partner and nobody is perfect.

If I were to divorce, yes I would get married again if I found someone.

• no I don't think it is at all.. coming from a christian perspective it's a very important aspect in life.. would I remarry.. sure, if I can love them the way I should and can move on from my previous marriage etc..

• MARRIAGE YAY, DIVORCE NAY! :D

• I don't see why/how it's overrated.

That really depends. =/