Anyone think that marriage may not be for them?

Does anyone think that marriage sounds great, but has just as many drawbacks and may think marriage may not be great? Especially considering all the divorces and affairs going on.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was younger I thought it sounded great, but marriage seems to lose its appeal a little more every year. When I meet someone I like the thought of marriage becomes more intriguing, but overall I would say that I don't think marriage is the right choice for me.

What Guys Said 7

• I've always felt like I was destined for something greater than just being a husband and father. Funny because I don't even believe in destiny

Also with the divorce rate being so high, its like why should I risk that chance. If you were going skydiving and they said only 50% of the parachutes open, would you go?

• Divorce and splits form cohibitation are so common in long and short terms that risk is way to high considering the reward. Furthermore the courts have trivialized the institution of marital status righs and privelege. Why can't we all just get along =)

• Marrage is too governmentized now. I would marry if that's what she wants, but I could also be just as faithful by not getting married. What is marrage other than a piece of paper now. Back in the day it was a union of 2 people, and yes I hear it now "It still is..." But really, what is so special about it now?

So I guess I can live with it and I can live without it. But when I have kids, I will want them to have my last name. lol

• I want to get married but first I need to find a girlfriend, which so far has been the most difficult thing I have ever tried to do.

• Or maybe I am coursed for rejecting all of those girls in Highschool...oh well

• i don't want to get married. what is the point of signing a legal contract when, in my opinion, love should be the only reason you stay together?

• I think marriage doesn't hold the same value it did years ago. Divorce rates, affairs, money from attorneys, child support, it just sounds like too much stress and heartache to take that risk. Plus overtime you could have regrets about the person you marry and fall outta love. I hope to never get married and just enjoy the single life.

• I got married way too fast when I was 25 and it was a disaster. A couple years later, I found someone else and got married again. We made it 8 years so far, but it's rough. I know the first one was a mistake, and I don't feel great about the current one. If finances allowed me to actually move out and start over, I would have done it long already.

If my current one does end, I don't think I will ever do it again.

What Girls Said 6

• My friends absolutely do not want to. They see it as a waste of paper.

I, on the other hand, would love to be. I'm a very faithful and loving person, I would never ever cheat and I think a lot of people marry too young. My parents divorced but not all marriages are destined to end. I hope mine will be ones of those.

• I don't think marriage is for me. All I want is a lifelong companionship and someone who will love

me for my flaws and craziness. For me commitment is a most important thing and I don't need legal paper or his last name.

• Personally I don't think it's for me or my lifestyle, at least not for a very long time. If I ever consider marriage it will be in my mid-30s, and even then I would prefer something common-law. That being said, if my partner wanted a "marriage" I would do it, but there would be an iron clad pre-nup, because of all the divorces and affairs as you said.

I don't see it in my future realistically, but I'm not completely closed off to the possibility at such a young age

• i don't care to be honest, it's all the same to me. it's probably just more of a waste of money than anything else though

• It's not for me.

I've never been in love.. I'm a satisfied loner. I refuse to give birth to anything.

So, really no point in me being married.

• I don't really think I want to..

It just seems pointless and destined for failure now a days.

And I don't want want to be tied up and unhappy. In really want to do something with my life.

I'm not totally opposed, but I'm definitely not set on it.