Are you interested in marriage?

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who gets annoyed when friends or relatives ask when I'm going to get married. I'm not against marriage or anything, but my viewpoint is that I'll get married if and when I'm ready, since my identity isn't dependent on getting hitched or not. What about you? What's your opinion on marriage?

Most Helpful Guy

• HAH! The one you get to hear next is "when are you going to have kids?"

Both questions, linked as they are, fully qualify as intrusive badgering at its worst.

I personally like marriage, but I married young and I married for love, so I never really got the whole "when are you going to get married?" question. I did choose to hold off on the kids for many years though, so I got an earful of that for a good decade.

I suppose the next question is when I'm going to kick-off...

What Guys Said 5

• We married in 1971.

• Nope, I believe marriage, and relationships to an extent, are failures. Not so much as the idea, it's a romantic idea, but human beings are just too fickle and shallow for it to work these days.

• Not interested in it.

• It's something that appealed to me when I was younger, but now that I've grown up and realized that guys get put through the wringer a lot and that most girls are pretty skanky and aren't worth marrying, it no longer is something I really want.

• Guys hate it and for good reason, it's a scam. Girls love it because it's their life goal. Realistically, marriage only works when it's literally forced at gunpoint (or sword point in the olden days), or when people are so broke they can't afford to divorce. Basically, marriage is for poor people.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm very interested in marriage, like most girls it's something I've been dreaming of for a long time. But unfortunately my boyfriend is not lol. It bothers me when people ask when I'm going to get married because I know it might never happen and I try not to think about it.

• Relatives who keep asking about it would be annoying and I don't want to rush into it either, but I do want to get married. I hope I'll marry my boyfriend someday