Do you believe in marriage?

Why or why do you not believe in marriage and explain yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe marriage is good for the legal profits it brings and removing the taboo from being a non-married couple. For some reason a relationship doesn't seem as serious if you introduce someone as your boyfriend rather than your husband...

I don't however believe that it is necessary in anyway and the legal profits can be made through wills and legal documents. Mostly I think it is just a reason for people to have a big party and make a public display of their commitment.

What Guys Said 1

• No. Why would I?

What Girls Said 5

• Absolutely. Maybe I've just watched one too many Disney princess movies, but I want that. I want a guy to sweep me off my feet and all that stuff. Also my religion(I'm a Christian) plays a role. Getting married is what your supposed to do(And like I said, It's exactly what I wanna do).

• Yes but it takes work, effort and commitment. And just because you love someone doesn't mean you would have a good marriage.

• I believe in Love. I do not believe that marriage = love or that love = marriage. I believe that marriage is a way of showing your devotion to someone but it is not the only, or necessarily the best way. It's become more than a bit of a joke.

People preach about love and how marriage means that you'll love that person forever, that's why you wait for marriage for sex. Love is what marriage is about, it's about two people becoming one, dedicating themselves to each other, heart to heart, soul to soul.

And then right after that they preach how gays shouldn't be allowed to marry because it ruins the sanctity of marriage. If they really, truly love each other isn't that the point of marriage? Then you get the people who marry for green cards, or insurance, or get divorced a year later because it was too soon or it didn't work, or drive through chapels... That doesn't seem like a very sacred thing to me. That doesn't seem like loving or anything like that to me.

I think in essence it is all those things but in practice it is not. So while it is one way of showing your devotion to someone it is not the only nor the best way.

Do I believe in it? Maybe. I really don't know.

• Marriage is a good way of telling others that you're not sexually available to them. It's also a good stagging point for establishing a family with the assurance that both couples will stay together during the need of the children and tough times.

Having said all that, marriage has it's benefits. Though to me personally, it's more about security than it is about love.

• yes. I believe is marriage. I believe in the one