Will you marry someone that you don't love?

well,will you marry someone that you don't love?for money or status or something else?

u can go anonymous if you want but please tell me the truthful feeling in your deep heart:)

most people say they'd like to marry a person they love.yes it's sure a very great thing but,if their spouses were poor,wouldn't their life be much more difficult than those who marry rich men/women?

and they won't regret?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would absolutely only marry for love. I don't believe in divorce, either.

As for him being broke, I want a man who has will to make something of himself & have those qualities so he can provide for himself. (I'm not looking for his money, but I want him to be able to take care of himself)

Now, there are still cases were he could be low on money, and if I loved him, that'd be okay. I'd help, and if we were both having a hard time, at least we'd be together.

But, I'll never have a man who is just satisified with mooching off people, or too lazy too really try to make things good for himself.

What Guys Said 11

• No. There simply wouldn't be a point.

• NO!

• Why would I do that?

• No.

• I would always think if I got old enough and was single I'll just marry any girl but now I don't want to do that because if I'm that unhappy I don't want to ruin her life or my kids lives.

• Well...might depend on how you define "love"...but no...i would marry just to have money, status, convenience or children...(:(:(:

• When did guys ever marry for money? Where they do that at? haha.

• no I wouldnt

• Some women marry a guy not because she's attracted to the guy, but because he's a good provider and is a stable dependable person to start a family with.

• Hell no. Marriage isn't about settling down. That's definitely usually what happens, but it's not the reason I would want to get married. I'd want to get married so that I could be with the one I love forever and make vows to be true to each other and each other only for the rest of our lives. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

• Haha, these answers are funny. You guys act like marrying for the money means you're automatically unhappy/unloved.

I can see a lot of people being both poor and unhappy which is what usually happens.

What Girls Said 16

• No, I would not marry for material, money or status. But at the same time, I would also not marry the person I dearly loved if I knew they wouldn't be good for me.

• RE:Update

Some people can afford to marry and not worry about money. Others know how to get by on limited income, because they're smart about money. Other know how to work the system, so they don't need money of their own. Some would rather struggle and hang on to love, regardless of hardships.

• That's my biggest fear: settling. I like to say I'd wait for Mr. Perfect, but am I willing to wait forever? Probably not. I'll marry someone I love, but possibly not someone with whom I am IN love.

• no..I wouldn't even marry someone I love! Marriage is not for me..

• Hell no, never. I would only marry for love.

• Never.

Idgaf about money and status. I'm independent and ambitious enough to support myself financially. Marriage to me is a huge deal. Marriage will determine the father of my children, the example for my children, it will have a huge impact on my happiness and quality of life. I'm not just marring someone I don't love for the sake of money and status.

• no because I want to be happy and I value the institution of marriage too much to disgrace it that way. but I do think you need a blance of both because you can't live on love. but I would never marry just for wealth ect without no love at all because I feel those marriages never last.

• Well I've done it before-ONLY because I thought I was in love. But hey-I got three great kids out of it:-)

• I believe that's how arranged marriages are, they learn to either love or hate each other. For me, however, would not marry someone I don't love.There is no point, because I would cheat on the one I don't love, with the one I love.

• Do I think financial security is important? Of course.

& I'd much rather marry someone who has a steady income.

However, I need to love the person with all my heart and soul, or else, I know that I wouldn't be happy.

• Never.

• No I'd rather be poor and in love than rich and unhappy

• I wouldn't marry for money..i feel like if I did that I wouldn't truly be happy(:

• Hellz no!

• Of course I would if I had the chance to.

• well arranged marriages do happen...i mean love happens after marriage eventually...but look for his personality more than his status or money!

• yes. but not for myself. I would marry for money to help my family. plenty of girls where I'm from do it