Win a man proposes how much should he spend on a ring?

jw I didn’t know if guys a amount that they spend.

I agree with y’all. My boyfriend is paying on a ring (he let the secret slip out one night) and I figure out it’s about a $1,325 ring I think it’s too much but I don’t know what do y’all think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say it depends on the couples income, I know I wouldn't want to put my partner in debt for an engagement ring, it's the thought that counts, not the amount spent. I reckon £300 should be a limit, I wouldn't want an over the top one, I'd rather spend more on my wedding band.

What Guys Said 3

• There's a tradition that says it's supposed to be three months' salary. It's not exactly an old tradition, however, and only dates back to the 1940s or so. In fact that was when the tradition of engagement rings in general started.

• The traditional idea of what a man should spend is three paychecks. However someone like my father can find that three paycheck ring that's really only the price of one ring. I feel like the guy should find a ring that really suits the woman that he knows and loves and then buy that one.

• $5 (by that I mean it shouldn't matter) as long as he loves her and she loves him money shouldn't matter. I would rather buy a nice house/home than a stupid wedding ring.

What Girls Said 4

• I think that it's up to the guy and what he wants to spend. I know some people used to say 3 months salary, but honestly it's up to the guy.

Everyone is different. Some people choose to spend a lot, while others use a ring that is an heirloom in the family and pay nothing for it.

I think the most important thing about the ring, or whatever thing the couple chooses to have is a symbol of their relationship.

• I've also heard the three paycheck rule. I hate that idea enough to have told my boyfriend that I'd say no if he wasted that much money. I can be happy with something less expensive, and from what I've seen of rings, I'd prefer that.

• I don't think it would matter. there is no use in him going bankrupt on something like that- for me.

• they say the guy should pay whatever is equal to 3 of his paychecks, I say whatever is in his means is OK. Id love it no matter how much it costs because he picked it out and gave it to me with love, that's what matters.