It feels difficult to walk out of marriage for the second time. Please help me with this.

I have been married twice and the second time that I have got married, I got married to this really below average looking guy. For the first two months, I was happy with him as I thought that I have found a good husband second time round. But, now that 6 months have passed and I am a real good looking girl, lot of my friends have commented that I am much better looking than him and that he looks old in front of me. It has affected me and every time I go out, I find myself comparing him to other guys and find him worse compared to even average looking as he is skinny, dark, bad skin etc.

I am really in emotional pain as I don't know what to do. It feels difficult to walk out of marriage for the second time but it also feels difficult to be with him. I have become a sad person.

Please suggest what to do.

Thanks..

Most Helpful Girl

• wow...you need real help here. every marriage you have will fall apart because, --and I mean no offense--but there is something very wrong with you. I think you have insecurity or self esteem problems. it doesn't matter how good looking you are or how unattractive he is, there's something fundementally wrong on the inside of you. May I suggest counselling? before you do anything, you really need to get into some kind of therapy or counselling. I pity your husband...but I am also sorry for you, because until you fix that problem on the inside, you will keep making the same mistake.

That's the problem with most marriage/divorce scenario--the same thing that broke up the first one will likely break up the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. etc. this is why remarriage has such a poor success rate. People break up the marriage, instead of solving the issue that is causing the breakup--then they are doomed to repeat it.

I really hope you do get help. a lot of people may call you shallow or vain on this site, and there is some truth in that, but I feel you have a major issue that needs to be addressed in therapy or counseling. good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• Wow. Sounds like he made a mistake marrying somebody so shallow.

• Your friends sound like bitches.

• you are a derp

What Girls Said 2

• So, is the only reason you're unhappy because your friends think you're better looking than he is?

• Yup, the main reason is that is I don't find him attractive and this is weighing me down

• perviously I was reasonally attracted to him but now I feel less and less attraction each day. I don't want to feel like that. I want to see and appreciate his inside qualities. I don't want to be shallow but when we go for parties , dinners etc. , his not so good looks do bother me :((

• Well, you are being shallow and you're allowing your friend's opinions to have more effect on your own views than you should.

You loved this man and found him attractive enough to want to marry him; and now, because of some things that your shallow friends said to you, you're becoming shallow yourself and thinking you're too good for him.

I don't really have any advice, other than: stop caring so much about what other people think.

• are you attracted to him sexually?