What is marriage to you and do you want it some day?

i think it is pretty self explanatory if you read the question. I want opinions and answers, feel free!

if you were raised with a strong cultural or religious background, does that influence your choices when it comes to this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was raised an atheist, but I believe in family values. My parents are still together 30+ years. I suppose I have a cultural background, and I expect my future wife to be cultural. As in, going out does not have to be to stuff your face at some restaurant or a bar - it can be to a museum or an indie film (screening OR shooting). I'd go to a museum on my own or with a friend - if there's a cool exhibit. It does not have to be with a date and to pathetically "check in" or twitter about it - unless one actually has something to say about the material.

I want marriage someday (maybe even someday soon) and I am not looking for perfection. I am looking for someone with values similar to mine, in a good physical shape, secure, not having problems with my work.

Marriage to me means building a bond with the most special person in your life, and using it as a bedrock to raise kids who would be loved and safe and taken care of.

What Guys Said 4

• I will do it if I meet a girl who wants to do it. Mostly for legal purposes, but also because it brings together people, not only us two but friends and family of two people spend time together.

I do not believe in it as a union of two people, I think you can live through all the trials together without getting married. To be honest I am more likely to describe it as a way of making money for the church, and other involved things than to describe it as a holy union, because- One does not need to be christian to love thine neighbour, why would you have to be married to live happily ever after?

• Its suppose to a full commitment to someone your willing to spend the rest of your life with. I think I do.

• A bad idea. I don't want to get married. Especially in a no fault divorce, ex is guarenteed to get full custody of the children, child (woman) support culture like this. God, no.

• It's a sacrament bringing together a man and a woman to one flesh through all of the trials that it may bring until death. Of course I want it. :-) Because I'm a devout Roman Catholic, I wouldn't marry anyone outside of the faith, nor would I marry anyone who isn't like-minded. It wouldn't work out in the long run.

What Girls Said 4

• Marriage is cool, I definitely don't think it seals the deal on commitment though.

I like the aspect of marriage in which both people must learn to sacrifice, self develop, and constantly learn about themselves and spouses. It takes a lot to do all of that, and many people can't and end up divorcing.

I never had a very loving background from my own family, so I do seek a strong loving bond with a great guy someday. I've always watched a couple marriages fail miserably around me, and have been focusing on what it takes to not be that naggy over dominative wife that runs their husbands out the door :P

I want to keep it fun and spontaneous and just be that unforgettable person as he will be to me.

Hopefully lol.

• Marriage is a legal contract that makes your life financially more easy to have a united source of money and benefits. Someone who you spend the rest of your life with, hopefully

And with high divorce rates, domestic violence rates, and the fact that most men will lump most of the responsibility of the children on me, I'm going to have to say hell no.

• Marriage = no freedom

I don't want to get married

• A commitment you're willing to make for someone you love. And yes I hope I do get married some day.