How do you feel about virgins who are waiting for marriage

ima virgin and I'm staying that way till marriage just wanted to know your opinions on that

Most Helpful Guy

• Go for it. The boys who complain that you "won't know what you're doing" are selfish bastards and have very morbidly overly-simplistic ideas of what love is - namely, that it should be all about their animal lusts.

I consider the adventure of the pursuit of starting and raising a family of my own to be a far greater reward in itself than the meaningless indulgence of swingers.

That doesn't mean I'll reject a woman simply for having past experience. However, I will take her over-all character into account, not just whether or not she has a hymen.

Don't let any boy tell you differently. You don't want to end up like my sisters.

What Guys Said 9

• (repost)

The whole concept of "no sex before marriage" made sense for a LONG time, but it no longer does, and here's why:

Since the beginning of recorded history until around 1960, people married at ages that, today, seem extremely young, because our society has changed so much in the last 50 years. The average marriage age for women was 16, and girls getting married as young as 12 and 13 was not uncommon. Unmarried women who were much past 20 were considered "spinsters" and "old maids" who "couldn't attract a man." And men married only a little older, with an average age of 17-18, but again, marriages at 15-16 were not particularly remarkable. Today that seems absurd, but again, we're talking about how things were for many thousands of years.

So what happened? The answer is largely technology. Certainly the birth control pill is a huge factor, but so is education (prior to WWII, only about half of students kept going past 8th Grade), the movement from cities or rural areas into suburbs, and the beginning of the shift of entertainment away from group activities to things that could be done at home. Telephones and radios got cheap enough to be used by younger people, and certainly TV and later computers kept more younger people at home. Suddenly, we had so many more options, and TV and other media started changing our perceptions of "normal", skewing our expectations WAY up in so many ways.

Today, the average marriage age, for both men and women, has climbed to around 30! That's a HUGE amount of change in a very short amount of time; about 2-3 generations, with the most significant portion of the change being only in the last generation or so. The problem is that our social rules, expectations, and teachings are still largely rooted in pre-1960s concepts. People still tend to teach their kids what their parents taught them, but that no longer works.

Teens want to have sex, and for the most part, WILL have sex. It has always been this way, but before, they got married young enough that it was a non-issue. It wasn't a major struggle to wait until you were 16-17 (and got married) to have sex. But now, who is prepared to wait until they are 30 to have sex?

Men's sexual peak years are 16-25. Again, for most of time, they've been married during those years, so they could have all the sex they wanted. But does anyone think it's realistic to pass that entire period by because you aren't married?

And women want sex too, even as teens and young adults; remember, their moms and grandmas were married and having sex at 15-17, because it's normal at that age. Waiting until your 30s is NOT normal and goes against human biology. Yet we still have a lot of residual social baggage left from a time when the "no sex before marriage" rule made sense, and that leaves many, especially girls, with a lot of unnecessary guilt.

But it's time to recognize that things have changed, and to build new rules that recognize modern society.

• Are you planning on being a true virgin or are you going to make an exception for oral sex, finger sex and other things that do not involve a penis penetrating you...

It is rare that it happens anymore or at least in this country and culture. Do I wish that I had waited...in a way but then again I would not be the person that I am if I was to change that part of my life. I lost my willing virginity when I was twelve, physically when I was molested/raped at 9.

More power to you. I hope you can.

• Id respect that! if a guy dumps you because you don't give in then he did you a favour, you know what he wanted in the first place

• I think that is very respectable. There is nothing wrong with those girls who have sex prior to marriage and nothing wrong with those who wait.

• Their lives, their bodies, their choice. If it's what you believe in, go for it.

• Personal thought on the matter is to each their own.

That kind of relationship would likely never work for me, but I don't condemn people who are able to make it work.

• Thank god I am not alone. For I am one as well. It is just nice girls don't seek us out that often. :( It sucks. I have had a lot of bad luck with women and plus I was raised that way so yeah. Good for you miss... good for you.

• Next.

• Just a question based on a recent comment: Does this include all sexual contact like oral as well?

• So none of it then?

Then I wouldn't mind. I can wait. I'd rather wait than be given it so easily. A lot of girls claim they are virgins, but they'll do everything else with several guys. It's very weird. That's why I was asking.

• yeahh that's true so add me

What Girls Said 8

• You have morals that you are willing to follow and are staying pure until marriage, it's a good thing. Good for you :)

• I'm going to wait until I get married as well & I think it is the best choice. Seeing young girls get pregnant and their boyfriends leaving them for another girl makes me want to wait until I get married. Other people can do whatever the hell they want to do, but I'm going to keep following what I believe in. Just because other people are doing it doesn't mean that I have to do it. I'm going to wait.

• I think its fine and totally his or her choice. I'm a virgin and I always thought that I would wait till marriage to have sex, but lately I have been thinking that if I was in a committed, loving relationship I might have sex before marriage.

• Neutral. Good for those who do wait , good for those that don't. It really doesn't matter.

• I honestly don't care. It's your life and have a right to do as you want. Am I going to do that? No. But all the power to you

• i respect that

• thats what I am doing! go virgins... :)

• Awesome