Who still wants to get married AND have kids?

Is marriage going out of style these days? do people not want kids anymore? or are those type of people just very vocal while others still want the traditional marriage and kids?

I still want to get married, and kids I'm still debating, but I'm leaning towards yes I want them. do many people still want these or no?

• I still want to get married AND have kids
  • I want to get married but I don't want kids
  • I don't want to get married, but I do want kids
  • I don't want to get married and I don't want kids either

Most Helpful Girl

• i personally don't know if I want to get married, but who knows. I may be more likely to get married if I end up with a girl, but we will see. I would like to have kids, in my mid-late 30s, but I wouldn't be devastated if I didn't have them. I do think I will have children, though, with a partner or on my own.

I think most people still are at least open to the possibility of marriage, but people are simply getting married older these days. womens rights, more options for career and doing what you want in life, economy, etc. all play into why people get married less and older these days. Also, divorce rates are really high so that leads to cynicism about marriage, if not simply a more pragmatic view of relationships.

That doesn't mean there still aren't people having children and getting married young. It definitely still happens, but its becoming less common. Also, it may be really common in certain areas than in others. In more conservative parts of the country, you will probably see it more. In more liberal parts of the country, especially in big cities where there are lots of great career opportunities, you will see it less. But you will still see it, make no mistake. I see children everywhere. That means some people are having kids. And many of those kids probably have married parents, or at least parents who were once married. Those parents may be older though.

• "I would like to have kids, in my mid-late 30s"

I'm all for informed decisions, so would really urge you to talk with your doctor or IVF specialist about why leaving kids til your mid-late 30s is a really bad idea.

• I wouldn't go as far as to say that a post on the washington post is a study especially if their source doesn't keep the results.

From what is there they say "The average age at which women have their first child is 25".

You have to remember the longer you leave it the higher the risk of problems in conception, birthing and defects occur; which they left out.

Something like this link that lists it's sources is far more reliable.

• Also sorry if it sounds like I'm on your case I'm not trying to be.

It's just with some things in life if you miss out, there is no second chances.

What Girls Said 24

• I definitely want kids.. Saying "I DON'T want to get married" is overly extreme. I am not fussed either way. My boyfriend wants to get married.. and that's cool but if it doesn't happen for me, I will not kill myself over it..

Didn't answer your poll. Nothing felt right for me.

• I USE to want that. But the more I have dated the more I've come to realize that I don't want kids simply because I don't want to have an attachment to anyone right now. Having a child means that you in some way shape or form have unbreakable ties with the father. I'm not too fond of the idea of having a man's child respectfully. Honestly it sort of disgust me when I think about it.

I love kids though, don't get me wrong I think they are absolutely adorable. Just having my own kids...I don't see that happening. lol

• I'm undecided.

• I'm open to both to some extent, but I'm not actively looking for either. If it happens, it happens. But I'd rather just have one special person to be with than kids if I'm going to be honest. My sister plans on giving me nieces and nephews someday for that. :)

• I want to get married and have kids and live a happy life :) I don't wnat it right now, I don't think I can get it right now XD but yeah, my parents have been together for over 20 years now and they are happy and I hope I can find someone to spend my life with as well :) And if we're ahppy together I will gladly give birth to his children :)

• B. I definitely want to get married but I'm not sure on the kids issue yet. I know I definitely don't want any kids within the next few years, but I might be open to it later.

• I personally do want kids and marriage when I get older and so do most of my friends. But one of my friends had a girlfriend actually leave him because she wanted kids, he did want them but he wanted to wait because they had only been dating for about six months. While she wanted kids like right then and wouldn't take no for an answer so she broke up with him.

• I want to get married and have kids :-) sadly my boyfriend don't want to get married but want kids :/

• That's dumb. He wants to knock a woman up but doesn't want to commit to her in the long run? Hey he's your boyfriend you love him for some reason...

• because his family his mom etc don't get married they just have kids lol.. probably cause of up bringing ... oh well you don't get everything in your way :p

• I don't think its going out of style. Some want kids some don't. I still want kids and a husband though lol

• Married & Kids someday, but certainly not right now!

• Still want to get married, again. No kids...already did that, lol

No, I do not think marriage is going out of style. I think folks do take their time with it, as they should.

• 'A'. I want the traditional marriage and kids and nothing less. :)

• Uhhh Calialltheway does!

• I do. I think its totally possible as long as you don't give up when things get tough...

• I do. I think its totally possible as long as you don't give up when things get stuff...

• i want to get married, I don't mind whether or not I have kids

• I do want to get married, but I don't want kids.

• I'm not completely sure about having kids. But I would like to get married.

• I'm still to young to decide, but right now I'm thinking no to marriage, and no to children.

• I can't wait to get married and hopefully I will be blessed enough to have manychildren.

• I still want to get married, to my current boy friend. After, I lose weight (I want to look perfect in my wedding dress and on my wedding day). I still would like to have kids to in my late 20's I would like to get married sometime between 25 and 28. I want to finish college before all of this and I'm kind of on the slow track in college since I don't get financial aid and have to pay for it out of pocket..

• I want to get married, but I'm not too big on the kid idea. I'll defend myself in saying that I have triplet siblings and they have ruined children for me. They are the three worst, most obnoxious children I have ever met. And I don't want to put up with that. Also, the whole childbirth thing gives me the creeps. But I want to be married.

• I'm want marriage and kids. In fact I'm in my very early 20's and I just got married recently and I have always wanted marriage and kids all my life

• I am currently engaged, so that's an obvious answer. As for kids, I'm honestly not sure. I like them, but I'm honestly scared of what the future will hold for my child(ren)... I'm just not sure I can raise a child in the world we currently live in, where everything seems to be vulnerable and in limbo. I'd feel selfish if I ever found out I've brought a life into this world only to suffer.

What Guys Said 11

• I've been married for 8 years now and we've had some rough times. Last year we had our first child, and that puts everything into perspective. I have a completely new outlook on life. You realize how many things you thought we're important never really were at all. I like to think I'm a regular guy, but having a child is the best experience of my life. My advice to you is make sure you are prepared for it though (financially) and stable. It took us awhile to get there, but when the time came my baby has everything she needs.

• I'm very surprised at how ubiquitously the men want kids.

But the women seem to be more open to the idea of not having children.

Personally, I don't want children, but I could see myself having them if I was married to a gal and it was what she wanted.

• I want both.

• No thanks. Here's a quick rundown of why not:

- mortgage

- divorce

- losing half my stuff

- child support, spousal support/alimony

- boredom

- preoccupation with being "comfortable" and "secure" (crappy 9-5er, no travel)

Maybe, as a one off, I'll briefly take a kid under my wing and teach him the ways of the warrior, a la Karate Kid.

• strongly yes,

you just think that if your parents had thought that they don't need kids, how would you come to this world?

• I want 4 kids

two of each

• No preference either way. Not ready for kids now, that's for sure. But eventually? Maybe.

• I'll passon that one

• I used to want to get married young and have kids young so that I would have the energy to keep up with them and that I could relate to them. But I don't think I'll get married anymore or date again for that matter.

But after seeing how rampant girls cheating & divorcing is now days from friends relationships, I don't believe that girls can stay loyal to one guy for life anymore. And considiering how over entitled girls are now days demanding that a guy must be good looking, perfect, rich, successful and c*ckfident just for a date.

I wanted someone on my level an equal or opposite it didn't really matter. I wanted someone honest, who would care for me, help me grow, encourage me to be the best I could be and could say that they were there from the beginning.

Sadly now days girls doon't want to grow their family or their career most just want to latch onto a guys success and take the cash value of that guy with them when they leave that guy for someone better. It saddens me greatly seeing this happen over and over and it has made me lose a great deal of respect for girls over the years.

• I totally hear you, but you still shouldn't give up... Out of 100 girls there will be 3 or 5 of them who are loyal and are on the same level as you.

• Wow, I don't know what kind of girls you've been around, but that's definitely not how it is where I live.

• Like I said, there is this one girl out there who will be loyal to you.

• I used to feel like you.

Having done both?

Don't get married unless you want kids. Just live together. The laws around marriage if it breaks down are nuts. If you had kids you might as well be married.

• 5 stars for originality. I still want kids and a wife but neither will happen for me

• You should be more optimistic! I'm sure your a great guy! :)

• Thnx but it ain't in the cards for my happy ass