Proposals....short or long?

So, guys, do you feel that when you propose, you should give a speech about your love for your girl before popping the question, or do you think that just asking will suffice?

Also, girls, would you rather he give a speech beforehand or just ask?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would enjoy giving her a bit of a speech. I would want to remind her how I felt when we first met, I want to tell her how happy she makes me, I want to specifically tell her the unique things about her that I adore, maybe throw it all in a poem.

I'd want to bring it up, like any normal ordinary conversation would. But during it all, she'll understand that I'm not just telling her something, I'm making a speech and she'll let me finish.

Then take a knee, recite her FULL name (that's important) and ask her to marry me.

... Even tho I don't currently have a serious significant other, I ALWAYS have thought about how I will propose and where. It'll be very secluded, I just want it to be us. Not in front of a stadium of people or anything. Maybe on a vacation.

What Guys Said 2

• Short.

I think my love for her would be clear at that point.

• short

What Girls Said 5

• I'd like to have something said, doesn't have to be long, but just to tell me how much he loves me and what not.

• I think it'd be nice if he said a few sentences about you, nothing too much, save that for the vows. Not a whole page long of everything you've been through together, we do want to get to the point here. Short and sweet would suffice well with me. I think it's the thought and how he's planned it out that's more important.

• I don't know probably a speech of some sort... check this video out, I love this t.v proposal: link it's the best... sorry I couldn't find one less filled with other episodes... but what he's saying is so sweet.

• if you _have_ to I've a speech, then its not authentic , anyway.not as soon as its expected.

id just say 'F*** me, & Marry me young' gets it across.

• Short proposal. I hate if a guy plans it out. That's kinda weird. Girls plan things out. Not guys. LOL my boyfriend says it's gay that guys do a long proposal in front of everyone and he says that only white guys do gay stuff like that. I guess we're not really romantic people. I just want a proposal that's short and private. I don't want anyone around except me and him.