Girlfriend talking about marriage already?

My girlfriend and I have just hit the one month mark its not that I'm scared of committing but she talks about marriage already I'm sure I love her but she's one year younger that me and were both under the age of 18 is it weird for me to want her to stop because I love her and all but I'm not that sure about our relationship so do you think I should stop thinking its wrong to talk about it or is it OK to plan that much ahead or should I should I just not pay attention

Most Helpful Girl

• She's just enthusiastic and gaga for you, albeit a bit immature :P Try to tell her how it makes you feel without calling her crazy or making it seem like you think the relationship is going to be short-term. I may not understand her attitude but I can sympathize with how she might interpret your reaction.

I think it also depends HOW she's talking about it. If she's acting like she wants to get married soon, that's a whole different story than just fantasizing like, "when we're old and married..." That's still way too idealistic and inappropriate for one month, but that's the kind of thing I would just let slide instead of making her feel like crap.

What Girls Said 2

• Does she talk about marriage in general? Or does she talk about marriage with YOU?

Girls can be a bit excited to grow up at that age, so if she seems like she wants to get married, I wouldn't worry about it. Reality will hit her at some point that she's too young.

• I kindof hope so I'm kindof scared of getting married at 18. I kindof have some stuff planned like maybe being a singer I don't know please don't judge >.> and she talks about marriage with me

• Don't worry, I doubt she's serious at this age. She's most likely in love with the idea of getting married and her thinking's a little cloudy. If she brings it up again, it's okay to voice your opinion because you ARE too young and you DO have stuff planned for your future. :)

• odd way too young

What Guys Said 8

• You are both way too young. Tell her that straight up. She needs to stop talking in fairly tale land and get back to reality. Focus on your school work and getting a job, not getting married. No offense, but you are both kids just turning into adults.

• Is she talking about YOUR marriage, or is this general "I'd like to get married one day" kind of stuff?

If you're in a relationship, you never know. It could be short term, it could be long term. But if she's dead set on the idea of marriage, and you hate the idea of it, then it's better to work that stuff out early on.

I seriously doubt she's looking for you to propose to her tomorrow, but she'd probably like to know if marriage is something you ultimately want out of life before she invests a good portion of her life and feelings in you.

• one month? tell her your uncomfortable talking about that kind of commitment. It's only been one month

• That is either sweetly naive or sinisterly manipulative on her part.

Ask her point blank: what about education / university / school? Career? Planning for a home, car, etc? You would be interested to know her replies.

You are diligent with protection, yes? Beware of getting trapped.

• Run the f*** away.

• Hahahaha no offence taken we are both really young

• Facepalm I commented on wrong question I'M SUTCH A DETP SORRY!

• Yeah, I was trying not to be a d***head, but I really couldn't give a damn if you got offended or not.

• Way too young.

• She seems very keen. I would be concerned if she's suggesting this after only one month. These things take years to establish and talk about, I think she's away with the fairies here!

• She's a child (and so you are you by the way) so of course she's making the same sort of mistake that all young kids do, and is over thinking it, sure that this is love and it will be forever.

Let her have her fantasies, but for gods sake don't entertain them yourself. This is a teenage thing - you guys will more than likely have a torrid few months followed by heart break, break up, and then many other relationships in your life.